Monday, November 1, 2010

HAPPY DIA DE LOS MUERTOS!!!!!!


Today, November 1st is officially the first day of Dia De Los Muertos.. Day Of The Dead. This celebration lasts two days. Novermber 1st honors the short lives of children that have passed away, November 2nd honors the lives of all of the adults that have left us behind. Today even though I am a little sick, I want to attempt to go to Olivera Street in east los angeles to see the celebration of El Dia de los Muertos. Traditionally where my dad is from... or should I say WAS from... screw it!! even though he's physically not here I know he's with me in spirit so where my dad IS from, it is customary to make bread and offer it to ur dead loved ones by making a what is kind of like an alter but not really. My dad didnt like eating too much bread so I think I'll make offer him some MENUDO!! he loved that stuff and would eat menudo every Sunday. Usually on this day, The family of loved ones who have passed away celebrate the lives of their dead by eating their loved ones favorite food at their grave site. I am really not at all a fan of eating at a cemetery and even if I was, my father's grave is in Mexico. That's where he wanted to be buried and I am sure as hell not flying way over there taking two planes to two airports a 2 hour long taxi drive and another 2 hours to actually get to his grave. Besides, It's not that I dont want to I just cant and I know my dad is with me. Anyway so I will be buying him some menudo tomorrow. today though, we honor the lives of children that never made it to adulthood. FORTUNATELY I know of no such case so that's a relief.

2 comments:

Zie said...

We don't celebrate this.

I can't believe it's been a month since my grand dad passed away. It seems like yesterday.

Well like you said they may not be with us physically but spiritually they are always close by.

Fuser said...

in 19 days(nov 21) will be 2 years since my father death...but I still fell like he's here I can smell his perfume and i hear his voise all the time,he's in my dreams almost every night...
and like you girls I can't belive that 2 years past,it's like yesterday!and when somebody ask me why I wear black cloths i tell them i lost my fathen few days ago....I still can't belive it....