Friday, October 4, 2013

what is really in your Mcdonalds chicken nuggets?

Recently 3 researchers from Mississippi took on the task to find out just what exactly makes up the all mighty McDonalds chicken nuggets.
They bought one box of chicken nuggets from 2 different McDonald's restaurants in Jackson.
The research team then took 1 nugget from each box, preserved it, dissected it, stained it, and looked at it under a microscope.

Are you ready to know what they found??

Wait, chicken nuggets are made of the white meat of the chicken right? lean protein? Ha ha ha ha! yeah right! this is McDonald's we're talking about here. I wouldn't be surprised if they found snake meat and cockroaches in these things.Well NO. They didnt find snake meat or cockroaches in the nuggets.

Instead what they found was the first nugget was ALMOST 50% chicken meat, and the rest was a mixture of fat, blood vessels, and nerves. Close inspection revealed cells that lined the skin and internal organs of the bird.

The second nugget contained only 40% chicken meat and the rest was fat, cartilage and bone. mmmmmm YUM!!!

Anyway this should be general knowledge by now. I'm  sure most people know that McDonald's food is loaded with fat, organ tissue, bone, cartilage and probably other stuff that is NOT actually muscle tissue like the thigh meat or breast.  so there you go!
My two cents on this? just avoid fast food... period. I am used to eating more... natural food since I did work in high end restaurants for many years so I've eaten really amazing food. I cant see myself eating fast food much less feed it to my kids if i had any. gross!

No comments: