Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SoHo on a pasta mission


It was my day off today and outta the blue I get a txt from my boss saying he'll pay me a little extra money if I find him bucatini pasta. Bucatini pasta?? ok, I take care I replied. I didnt even know what pasta that was so first thing I did was type it in online on yahoo images and I see it. WONDERFUL I thought!! so I jumped outta bed into the shower throw on some sporty looking clothes, hop in my car and off I go to find this pasta!!! As i drive...




I think... well ok first place I know might have it is... SORRENTO ITALIAN MARKET!!!!!! ok so off to Sorrento in culver city I go.... fifteen minutes later I arrive at sorrento but guess what? IT WAS CLOSED!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... ok think Mayra think!... Oh!!!!! I know!!! Cost Plus World Market!!! they have imported pasta!!!


so I go to westwood to find this pasta and guess what? Cost Plus World Market doesnt have it!!!!! I was tempted to buy some chocolate and furniture while I was there but I went for the pasta and it wasnt there so I had to get going before time ran out... I cant let my boss down I thought. I txt him asking if finding it online counts to which he txts back with "I need it by tomorrow you smart ass LOL"
"LOL ok it was worth a shot to ask. LOL Ok i'll find it no worries" I txt back.
"thanx ur the best"




at this point I am starting to run outta places to look for this pasta... then I think.... MAYBE trader joe's might have it... i doubted it but worth a shot... so I go to the palms trader joe's and just as i expected, they didnt have it either... ok so now what?? hmmmmm.... I need this damn pasta by tomorrow that was a last minute request for a party of 50 ppl.... what now?...




OMG SURFAS!!!!!!!!!! they have plenty pasta and there's a pretty good chance they might carry it!! if not I'll hit up ralphs but let's look at Surfas first... so I go back to culver city and head straight to the pasta section... I see all the wonderful looking pasta and start scanning the shelves carefully up close... nothing yet... so I lose my patience and step back to see all the pastas and there it was on a lower shelf wrapped in a brown paper package in all it's dusty golden glory bucatini the package read!!! I gasped!!! "SCORE!!!! YOU OWE ME EXTRA PAY ON MY NEXT CHECK!! I FOUND UR PASTA!!!"
"K. I AM ADDING THAT EXTRA CASH TO UR PAY RIGHT NOW"
"YAY!! THANX"
"GET 5LB"
"K"
"THANX"
SO I buy five packs of pasta each a pound and 1 and a half ounces and I took them to the cashier... "$32.15"
thanx
I grab my change and receipt in the bag and head back to the prius!! I go to the post office to take care of some business first then to the bank and finally I deliver the pasta to my boss at the restaurant. I drove around in the rain but at least I wasnt bored at home. LOL!!
"i could've waited for the pasta tomorrow you know"
"I was in the neighborhood so I thought I'd drop it off now"
"thanx Bravo, ur the best"
" yeah now where's my cash? LOL"
"you have reicpt?"
"yes in the bag"
I sit at the black grand piano while I wait for my money that I spent on the pasta...
two minutes later my boss's boss comes with my money.. thank you Mayra. No problem sir.
So I chat for a while with my boss and we check out the pasta
"ok where's my extra pay?"
"Hey Diro!! look! I have proof that I did give her extra pay look at the pay stub... see. ur witness" we all laugh...


I chat a little while with my boss and with the rest of the guys and then say my goodbyes and off I go back home. I did stop at ralphs anyway. I was gonna buy some lemon poppyseed scones but they didnt offer that item anymore. this broke my heart so I bought bite size blueberry muffins and a pack of sandwich thins for my boss that he wanted to try... he said he's pay me back but it's only three bucks so it's on me...


I keep telling Olivier that he has beady eyes so I wanted to take a picture of them cuz he's always saying that he has small eyes but not beady and I tell him that eyes can be small and beady at the same time so I tried to take a picture of them as he sipped on his tea from a take out soup cup, but he shut his eyes so I wouldnt take the picture LOL!!! YOU SUCK DUDE!!! I'll get you when you least expect it!! ha ha ha ha ha!!

3 comments:

Hanan said...

Oh my God! What a day you had past!
I hope that the pasta really was worth the effort! LOL!

That said, you could have take a picture of the pasta just after having found it in the shelves!!!LOL!

SoHo said...

I did want to take a picture but my phone died LOL

Hanan said...

R.I.P Mayra phone! LOL!