Thursday, January 14, 2010

random pictures


my ramikins!!!
Ok so i've been making creme brulee at work in these little espresso cups at work which is not how creme brulee is served. The owners wanted to serve them in those stupid cups so that's I served them. HOWEVER I was having problems with the cooking because of how delicate the creme brulee is so my boss decided to order me the creme brulee ramikins!!! i was soooo excited!!! so now here are my new creme brulee ramikins!!!
at work, a lot of the guys are from oaxaca mexico. I am not even sure I spelled that right LOL anyway they eat these giant green/gray tortillas. nothing like i've seen before. they call them "clayulas" anyway it's like a giant tortilla made of black corn or something. anyway they spread lard on them, beans lettuce onion steak bits cheese and spicy salsa. It looked very interesting. they always bring so very interesting looking food to work. I've tried some of it and it's pretty good. these however i didnt try because I was full on water (i am trying to stay hydrated) lol anyway take a look.





some batter in the ramikins before being baked.


"clayulas" not sure if it's spelled right.

No comments: