Saturday, January 16, 2010

San Diego Animal Park!!


hey there!! ok so remember I told you that i love thursdays because I get thursdays off? well this past thursday I went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park with my boss (yes we're everywhere together almost like the bobbsey twins LOL but it's cool because since i work to much to have friends to hang out with, now i just hang out with my boss so at least i hang out. LOL and I am lucky because not many ppl like their boss so I am lucky to have a great boss who I can joke around with). yes dont be jealous LOL JK> Anyway we initially were going to go wine tasting but since he's as spontaneous as I am, we saw San Diego Wild Animal Park on the map and we went there first. We spent all day there. It was supposed to be a quick stop but we took all day and didn't get to go wine tasting. Instead we headed to the countryside afterwards. We went to Julian which is this small country town with a lot of great pie shops. This town is famous for their apples So we made a stop at the very famous "MoM's" to have us some apple pie. By george do they have some wonderful very light and tasty pie!! If you've seen the show with Huel Howser, MoM's was featured on there and my boss and I just had to go. So we hopped in my prius and took the long drive down to San Diego and Julian. I ha so much fun. so if ur ever in San Diego, definitely hit up "Mom's" in julian. they have delicious fresh baked pies. Ok enough yapping and on with the pictures. Enjoy!!




i just had to take a picture of this. LOL we went to ask for directions and I saw this. LOL arrrrrhh!!

welcome to the San Diego Wild Animal Park!!

smile!

duck, duck,goose!

we fed ducks

This little guy was playing with the fish in the water.

we got jealous of the animals just taking in the sun and grazing so we decided to become turtles and do the same. LOL!

Yummy!!

turtle racing anyone?

sun bathing.

look! One hand! LOL!!

these birds seemed to have liked my boss better than me. My birds wouldnt get off of me. they seemed to enjoy biting my hands. LOL painful I tell ya LOL

we fed these beautiful colorful birds some nectar.

LOL the bird is looking straight into the camera!! LOVE this picture ha ha ha!

bird's eye view of a small part of the park.

what an easy life this one has. No predators,no hunting. just chillin in a park taking in the sun and getting ur food brought to you... Must be nice LOL


lunch time!

I wonder if giraffes are afraid of hights??... LOL

talk about having thick skin... LOL ok lame joke LOL

by far the coolest picture I took.

I thought this was a a cute picture. LOL I have video of these guys in my phone. Hopefully I can get it onto my computer

this gorilla was so huge!! I'd die of fright if it ran after me. solid strength these things...

we got to feed ducks

the colors on this picture are beautiful. These flamingo were so bright and lovely.

I forgot what these are called but they are so cute!


the toys for these elephants were unbelievably huge!!

during cold days, they heat the shop up with this antique stove. awsome!! I want one. LOL

Pie shop window


our booth we sat at

No comments: