Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Drama Queen

I like to think of myself as a "Drama Queen". NO not the kind of drama queen that overreacts and likes...well...drama. I am talking about Dramas... you know Soap operas. I LOVE Korean soap operas and consider myself queen of Korean dramas because some how I seem to have an eye for really good ones. Right now I am watching "Boys Before Flowers" and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
Some of the dramas I've watched include, "tropical nights in December" aka "Hot December Nights", "Ireland", "9 In's 2 Outs", "My name is Kim San Soon", "Super Rookie", "18 vs 29" and "The Coffee Prince". My list is endless... believe me. LOL!

Anyway, I am also watching a...



Korean show right now called "We Got Married". This show is basically about single Korean celebrities who get paired up with another celebrity of the opposite sex, and have to live together for a while as a married couple. They must cook for each other, have a housewarming party and even go on a honeymoon! I love all the couples that have participated buy my favorite couple is definitely Kim HyungJun and HwuanBo.Why? well for one, Kim HyungJun is in the drama "Boys Before Flowers" which, like I said, I am watching now; and second, he has a cute personality which makes him adorable. I just LOVE him! LOL! So If you get a chance, do go on over to mysoju.com and click on Korean dramas and check it out. Oh! and while you're there, check out the game show called "We Got Married". It's loads of fun to watch HyuanJun is freakin hilarious and adorable! Here are some sneak peaks of both the drama and the show. Enjoy! (English subtitles included. heh heh!)

"We Got Married"

4 predetermined (as in participants don't choose who their partner is, but the pairings are set up by the PD) couples are allotted a certain amount of money ($20, $40, etc) to prepare dinner for themselves. The participants try to portray themselves as a real life couple and go out together to buy groceries for dinner. It then follows them to a mock home where they prepare the dinner and eat. In between scenes there are interviews with the participants asking questions like what they feel about their partner and what they like or don't like about him/her. The actual date together as a couple and the interviews are all prefilmed and the participants and MCs watch it all back. At the end, each side of the couple privately chooses if he/she would stay together with his/her partner or not.

Guys, please check this vid out. The last few minutes of it is freakin HILARIOUS!!!




"Boys Before Flowers"

Jan Di is an average girl whose family owns a dry-cleaning shop that is located near the luxurious and well-known Shin Hwa College. Jan Di meets the four most richest and spoiled boys when she delivers laundry to the school one day. The boys are known as the F4 and cause trouble to those who speak out against them.

Sorry no subtitles on this trailer. I couldnt find a vid that had them.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! The only Korean soap i watched was Winter Sonata..that was a good show and i love the theme song :)

Now i am hooked on my Indonesian drama as you know :)

agreencitygirl said...

I find this hysterical! How the heck did you get into Korean Soap Operas??

Laila said...

LMBO!! You guys are mad funny LOL! I can't even bring myself to watch soap operas period, let alone one in a language I can't fathom! I told you guys I can't do horror but I'd much rather watch the corny "Chiller" channel with the pathetically goofy & supposedly "scary" films! Maybe if I gave this a chance but my first task would be where the heck to find a Korean drama! And I've been meaning to ask Mayra: is it called "Korean drama" simply b/c it has Korean actors whos speak Korean? That's a serious question!

SoHo said...

agreencitygirl, well, I am not sure how i got into them but I LOVE them. of course when there are subtitles cuz i dont speak korean. I've always been into other cultures. I watch bollywood tv on weekends when i get home from work. LOL!! I just love it all!! LOL!

Laila, to answer your question, yes the dramas are korean cuz the actors are korean but they also include A LOT of korean culture in their dramas.

Zie, Winter Sonata was really popular but i never watched it.