Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wentworth Miller is "A" OK!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everybody!!! This is the info I was telling you about a couple of posts ago. SoLo posted the sneak peeks and here is my post... Guess who is on the cover of OK magazine?? YUP WENTWORTH MILLER!!!!!!!! Wow you are GOOD!!! LOL!! Anyway, Miller chatted with Ok magazine and here is the interview check it out and ENJOY!!!!!!! By the way this interview was originally posted in English on the Chinese Wentworth Baidu Bar thanks to CaptWentworth! She worked hard on the translation and hers is A LOT better than what Google translator could ever do! I made a few changes to it but I couldn't have done so without her help! ENJOY!!!!!









Four years ago, Michael Scofield escaped from Fox River.

This character becomes Wentworth Miller’s break-out role.Chinese fans call him “Miller Handsome”. During the middle of Season four, he appeared in Shanghai, China as a spokesperson of Me & City.

A black coat, a pair of aviator sun glasses, carrying his own suitcase and exiting from the airport, Miller Handsome wasn't like other Hollywood stars. He was so low-key, he seemed like any other ordinary foreigners traveling to China. However, his Chinese fans gathered rather tightly at the exit. His bodyguards had to form a protective circle around him.

Outside the circle, fans were excited and stirred up; inside the circle, Miller Handsome has his “Wentworth” smile, waving to his fans and saying hello, just easily like meeting with his old friends. His blue eyes (his eyes are green though) and gentle smiles electrified all his fans. Even Shanghai, a city that is used to big stars, became excited because of his arrival. We thought the excitement would end soon, however, it lasted until the day he went back to the States.

When we sat with Miller Handsome in less than a meter distance and were about to start the exclusive interview, he had already done many interviews with other press and magazines. His fatigue was obvious. There was not much water left in his glass (awww poor baby!! I'd refill your glass of water if you visited me! LOL). However, when we called him "Went", his eyes reflected smiles again.

We have to thank the Internet for letting us know this sexy man; years ago, when fans desperately bent in front of their computer and waited for the newest PB episode to download, no one expected that the distance between Miller Handsome and us could be so close.


INTERVIEW
Q: Went, the impression that you give people is you are very low-key, very private. It’s not like Hollywood at all. Is it your intention to give that kind of impression?A: This is a very interesting question. I indeed do it intentionally. Working in Hollywood, it means you have to face the challenge of playing different characters. It is extremely important to keep your own privacy. You know, Prison Break has successfully been aired for four years. It is easy for people to connect me with Michael Scofield. However, the show will eventually end at some point. So the less people know about my private life, the fewer boundaries I will have to create, the more credibility they will have. Therefore, the low-key style can bring me more possibilities.

Q: After becoming famous, how do you protect yourself from paparazzi?
A: It’s simple. Just don’t go to the Hollywood hot spots, because there are always paparazzos waiting with cameras.

Q: Aren't you worried that if you are too private the fans will forget you?
A: Not at all. Like I mentioned in other interviews, it is my accomplishments in my career that allow me to be able to play Michael Scofield, to be able to participate in a successful show like Prison Break, and to be able to have so many fans around the world. Even if this role and this show is the crest of my career, I am already satisfied.


NEXT PAGE
Wentworth Miller: Breaks into womens heartsThis gentle man brings mastermind Michael Scofield alive. However, the archetype of the rebelled hero laughed: “I am different from him. Michael Scofield is kind of crazy.”

Q: Who have become your friends from Prison Break?
A: PB is like a big family in some extent. We’ve been working together for four years. We’ve been through a lot. Dom, like a real big brother, is strong, loyal, and protective. He has many personalities that I wish I had. Of course, Sarah and Paul, they are also very good friends. Before Prison Break, I had already known some of them, so whoever gets killed from the show, I feel really sorry.

Q: As an actor, does negative feedback bother you?
A: To be honest, it doesn’t bother me. I know I can’t make everybody happy. So the only thing you can do about it is to ask yourself whether you put 100% effort in your work before hitting your bed every night. I know I am in the entertainment industry. My work is exhibited in public. That means it is inevitable to have critical and opposite voice. What you can do is to take it as a suggestion. For me, luckily, because of the success of the show, the responses from the media are more positive than negative.

Q: After being famous, do paparazzi affect your life?
A: I am living in LA (Los Angeles), you know, the home of paparazzi, so there is always a photographer who suddenly appears around you and I understand that getting a picture of a star is the way that they get paid. That’s how they make a living. We were on the set in Chicago when we shot season one and season two. It was much easier and I liked it there. How do I put this? Paparazzi are like rain and clouds — there is no use worrying about their existence. In fact, you can't change it.


Q: Besides acting, what else do you like to do in your daily life?
A: I like watching DVDs. I have piles and piles of DVDs on the walls in my home. Sometimes, I also write scripts.


Q: Do you think you are the kind of man that would rather stay at home?
A: Sort of, I like staying at home, spending time with friends and family, and watching DVDs. Of course, occasionally, I will go to a bar; I think balance is important. Why do I like staying at home? It’s related with my work. When I am on the set, I work 14 hours a day with over one hundred people. This kind of intense work is already enough social interaction for me. So, when I am not on the set, I prefer to spend quiet and private time on my own.

Q: People like staying at home seem quite shy? Do you consider yourself shy?
A: In my nature, I am indeed shy. However, my work requires me to communicate with the public. So I have to learn to speak in front of millions of people. Now, shyness is something that I can’t have. My career doesn’t allow me to be shy. Because of Prison Break, I have learned how to communicate with the audience, how to speak on behalf of the crew, and how to become a professional actor. I really appreciate all of this and feel extremely lucky.

Q: You said that the real you may disappoint women? Why do you say so?
A: (laugh) I am not sure why I said that at that moment. I think the reason I said that is because of Prison Break. I have been playing Michael Scofield for four years. It’s natural for people to confuse me with Michael, but we are different people. Michael is a hero. He is also a kind of crazy and adventurous person. In reality, I am more rational, more conservative, and more self-reflective. To many women, maybe this me is a little bit of disappointment. (NOT TO ME PAPI!!!) LOL!!!

Q: Now, what is your idea of a good time?
A: Sunday without work. Don’t need to get up early. Go to a coffee shop in a comfortable clothes; buy a newspaper; grab a cup of coffee; do nothing at all. I may have dinner with friends. This is what I enjoy for a good time.

Q: You have an excellent educational background and your father is a lawyer. Why did you choose to be an actor?
A: In fact, my parents never had a “set” expectation about my career. They didn’t expect me to become a doctor or a lawyer. Of course, they had certain expectations on my education. As for my career, that is my own decision. In many people's eyes, people working in the industry always sleep until noon, staying up very late, not having a regular "life" routine. My parents aren't familiar with this business, so at first they had their concerns. In fact, this business can’t guarantee your paycheck. Besides the inevitable concern, my parents support my decision. They hope'd I would get paid for doing what I love to do.

Q: You've take ten years to become famous. In your opinion, what is the difference between being famous at 18 and being famous at 30?
A: I think the answer lies in the appreciation of success and the understanding of luck. I know very clearly that besides me, there were hundreds of actors wishing to get this role and there are hundreds of actors out there that can play this role successfully as well. For these young actors who didn’t spend much time and effort to become famous, I think, they may have a different way to understand luck and success than I do.

Q: Many people look at you as a sex symbol after playing Michael Scofield.
A: I am flattered, yet a bit of surprised. Dom is the sex symbol of the show. Of course, there is a reason why people like Scofield.

Q: Why do so many people like Michael Scofield?
A: I believe that Michael has an internal confidence. He is insistent in what he believes. He doesn’t really care about winning the opponents and acceptance from others. He only cares about how to be himself. I think this makes him attractive. Being confident, having strong belief, working hard on things he really cares about — nobody can really not be attracted by such a person. Of course, a confident person also has strong sense of humor, a sense of fashion and self-acceptance.

Q: What suggestion would you give for the Chinese version of Prison Break?
A: Not a suggestion but a wish to success. This role has so many layers. You can have so much fun while playing this character. This may be the role that every actor wants. (WOW THIS IS A NICE ANSWER)

Q: What is your daily style like?
A: Being an actor, I need formal suits for formal occasions. In my own time, I am a very casual person. That being said, simple, black and white color is my preference.

Q: What souvenirs do you want to take home with you when you finish your China trip?
A: First is the wonderful experience here. I really didn’t expect to have so many fans in China. Of course, I will choose some souvenirs that can remind me China, for example, a three dimensional jigsaw puzzle. (HOW ON EARTH DOES THIS REMIND HIM OF CHINA?? HA HA HA HA!!) STILL LOVE YOU THOUGH LOL!!

Q: Last, tell us, what’s the difference between your initial expectations about being famous and the real life after really becoming famous?
A: Before becoming famous, I anticipated the life of being a celebrity, but when it becomes reality, you find everything is different from your imagination. Before becoming famous, there is no way you can anticipate any feeling of being successful.



"N" trump cards of Wentworth Miller
Trump Card No. 1 Smirk: Miller Handsome is being the Miller Handsome because he has the unique enchantments. One of them is his smirk. When he smiles, the corners of his mouth raises a little, the smile reaches his transparent eyes. This is what “smirk” is all about.

Trump Card No. 2: Good stature: He never denies that he is a “home” guy and a couch potato. A pack of Oreo, watching DVD on the couch—a picture of being comfortable. It’s natural to see a much stronger Wentworth in front of us than the skinny one four years ago. After a “zero-distant” bear hug, all I feel is gentle and tender. It is good to be 6’ 1/2’’ tall; very good match for his weight.

Trump Card No. 3: No tattoos: The blueprint tattoo is Michael Scofield’s emblem, but Wentworth has to endure 4-hours makeup for it, so even if this tattoo may bring him “special treatment” while lining in Starbucks, he won’t consider to have one on his own.

Trump Card No. 4: Traveling abroad Miller Handsome’s first stop in China is Shanghai. Although he had never been here before, it makes him feel familiar. "Shanghai is very energetic. There is a change every day. It’s like NYC where I grew up.” He didn’t expect such an enthusiasm from Chinese fans; if he can come more often, he will get used to it. :)

Trump Card No. 5: Literacy and etiquette No question about it. Wentworth was a smart kid when he was in school. It is not that easy to get a Princeton diploma. Attention: his major is English literature—an absolute and pure “Art boy”. No wonder he can use metaphors like "rain and clouds" to describe paparazzi. Miller Handsome proves that “Art boys” also can own “spring”. (In China, boys are expected to study in Science major more and girls are expected to study in Art and humanity.)

Trump Card No. 6: "Lazy" exercise Wentworth calls himself lazy. This is true. Being a Hollywood star, he doesn’t go to a gym unless he is forced to go due to his work. You know it is painful to do hard excise and sweat out. So, our Miller Handsome prefers less painful swimming and drinking water. As simple as that.

Trump Card No. 7: Being environmental For Wentworth, driving less is the support for environment. If you have to drive often, learn from Miller Handsome—drive a hybrid.

Trump Card No. 8: an easily-pronounced nickname In fact, the first name of Miller Handsome, Wentworth, is a common last name. It is kind of difficult to pronounce with two long syllables and a rounded mouth. His friends all like to call him “Went” because it’s short, easy and natural.

Edited


Info credit: CaptWentworth & tieba.baidu

2 comments:

S E said...

This is the best interview I've read in a long time on Wentworth. The questions are great, and the answers, even better. I learned just a tid-bit more about my boyfriend, which is always nice. He's not giving up much!!! LOL!!

I don't know why Wentworth calls himself lazy. He hikes, swims, and I saw in a recent interview, he jogs as well. And swimming isn't easy. I guess it's easy for him since he's been doing it for quite some time and he enjoys it. He looks fantastic!!! He's just as beautiful as ever!!

Laila said...

Hey SE!

I see you found a reason to comment! Good to see you! It was a very good interview! I enjoyed the Prestige interview as well & the photos in that one... magnifico!

SoLo =)