Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I got something to say...


Yeah, yeah I know you're saying: SoLo you ALWAYS have something to say, why should now be any different! Well, you're right. I do and now is a little different because I'm a little upset at what I just saw. I was watching FOX News (yeah, I veered away from CNN for a short bit) and they were showing emails they'd received from people. This one guy (at least I think it was b/c I wasn't paying attention to the name) said something like it was a sad day because Barack Obama doesn't have the experience. The he goes on to say that he will not honor [Obama] by calling him Mr. President! Tsk tsk tsk... well now! Another email said that half the country is in mourning.

To the person who refuses to honor Mr. Obama by calling him Mr. President I say: whether you honor him or even acknowledge his victory, he is YOUR president as well as the rest of us. So like it or not, the PEOPLE have spoken & OUR president, YES - YOURS and MINE - will be sworn in on January 20, 2009. I suggest you search your heart and ponder whether or not your refusal is truly because of his inexperience.

To the person who says half the country is in mourning I say: the polls show Obama with 349 of the electoral vote & McCain with 163... Obama currently has 27 states under his belt while McCain has 21 (even if the last two states turn red, that will give McCain 23)... the polls show Obama with 52.4% of the popular vote and McCain has 46.3%. You know what those percentages mean? They mean that 64,901,063 people did NOT vote for John McCain... now I don't know about the rest of you, but, according to those numbers, it sure seems that less than half of the country is in mourning! Ok, I made a funny but the numbers are correct; half the country is not in mourning. And speaking of mourning, I can bet you that less people are in mourning now than they have been in the past 8 years! And if we need to talk numbers, I'll throw you one: 75% or more of America is happy to know that the current administration has a little more than two months left ;)

To everyone I say: here is President-elect Barack Obama's speech after OUR entire country's historic victory, & I quote: "I am YOUR president, too."





Info credit: CNN.com & USAToday.com; Video credit: CNN.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm not American, so my comment means *hit, but I have to say that I am glad that Jim Crowe sympathizers, or just plain bigots, have been turning into a minority *sigh of relief* and I am glad I have the privilege to witness it.

It is, therefore, completely understandable they are pissed.

All I can say to those people is: Ha-Ha!

Just as Obama is an inspiration for every "outsider" or "the Other" in the world, so is your country an example for all other countries, and you should be proud of it.

p.s.

I read the reading list! Yay!

SavMed

Anonymous said...

well said !!!

Laila said...

I second Sam's "well said!!!", Sav! You rock HARD! And by the way, you comment means a lot to us, not just me & SoHo & Sam, but to all the other people who understand & know you are right!

It's a new day & a time & we should all embrace it, not because he's a man of color BUT because he has made HOPE possible for all people, no matter their race, skin color, age, etc. We can all say "YES WE CAN"!!!!!!!!!!

ALL OF YOU GUYS ROCK! HAPPY THURSDAY :D

SoLo =)