Saturday, November 15, 2008

LOS ANGELES IS ON FIRE!!!

SoLo called me while I was just about to leave work today to ask if I was ok. Why would she ask that?? Well in case you have not heard a bunch of parts of California are on fire because of the hot weather. Parts of northern California are on fire and parts of southern California are on fire too INCLUDING SOME OF LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!! Yes, that's right... LOS ANGELES IS HOT!!! LOL Jk with all humor set aside, I want to thank SoLo for her concern. She sent me a text this morning but had been soooooo busy at work that i didnt have time to text her back... then when she called me she said I had not texted her back so she was concerned for my family's and my safety and wanted to know if we were ok.... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW THANK YOU SOLO!!! YOURE SOOOOOOOOOO SWEET!!!! Yes we are ok unfortunely others here in Los Angeles are not... Many have lost their homes. My heart and prayers go out to each and every one of them. I am located in middle of the northern end and southern end fires but thankfully they are not close enough for me or anybody in my area to worry about. However, the smoke outside is sooooooo thick and it's SUPER HOT outside because of these fires so it kinda sucks but again... to those of you who are going through this terrible time... MY HEART AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES!!!!!!!!!! ALSO, a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE FIRE FIGHTERS WHO HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THESE FIRES DAY AND NIGHT!!! WE KNOW YOU ARE ALL TIRED AND HAVE BEEN WORKING REALLY HARD... I WOULD LIKE YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT YOUR WORK IS GREATLY AND ENDLESSLY APPRECIATED!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! BE SAFE!!!!
These wild fires are insane!! check out yahoo.com for the latest on this news

SoHo

5 comments:

Laila said...

No problems babe! You know I love you! I was just concerned & NEEDED ot know you were ok. I called my sister and she & her family are fine as well so I'm happy. My heart & prayers go out our Internet family & others in the LA area who have been affected. I know what disasters can do & I pray that you all come out of this ok. Not sure exactly where Went is, but I truly hope he is ok as well! You hear that, Wentworth? We wanna know that you're safe, Papi!

SoLo =)

Anonymous said...

Oh !! what a bad news !! :( !

I read some articles in French to understand better!! It's very sad for people who lost their houses, there is also few "wounded" : I don't know if it's the word appropriate ...... When I read first that, I thought directly to Wentworth who lives in Los Angeles. I hope everything will be well. My prayers for them. I 've noticed that in Usa, the weather is always sunny even in (november, in december...... 'strange'....) or I am mistaken ??

Laila said...

Hey Sam! How are you? You know, the weather in South Louisiana, where I live, is crazy. Like today, it was below freezing this morning and by noon, it was about 60-65 degree fahrenheit & very sunny and it kept warming up. One day it might be hot then all of a sudden it rains and then it's cold! So we get all kinds of weather here. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be even colder in the morning than it was today! Oh JOY!!!

SoHo can tell you more about Los Angeles weather, but when I visited there a few times, it was nice and warm during the day then it was really cold at night and that was during this time of year!

SoLo =)

Anonymous said...

Hi solo !! :-)
I 'm fine thank you and you, I hope you are fine !!

Thanks for having presented me the weather forecast in your state lol !! :D

I hope in California, things are going better.

Laila said...

Ahh, you're so welcome! It was so cold this morning, I didn't want to stick my head out the front door LOL! Right now, it's nice, cool, but not cold - very comfortable! Crazy weather - almost like we have no seasons anymore! The sign of things to come, I guess.

As for Los Angeles, last I heard was the winds have stopped or at least have diminished somewhat and is making it a little easier for the firefighters to handle. There were still three blazes & hundreds of homes have been lost. Our prayers definitely go out to those people!

SoLo =)