Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Last night on Prison Break 11/17

Episode 411 "Quiet Riot"Airdate: 2008-11-17
*If you missed it: you can go to FOX on Demand to watch the full episode before reading the recap!
SoLo's comments are italicized!
Episode 412 "Selfless" promo & sneak peek coming up next (airs Nov. 24, 2008)!


Last week, we learned that Michael was in heavy need of surgery. Even though he stated that he only needed two days, Sara said his safety was the more important thing. In tonights episode, despite all the build up of Michael’s health issues, he continues to work, against the doctors orders. He is willing to give his life to stop the company. [I was a proud of Michael for be willing to basically sacrifice himself for the mission. I'm sure Bellick crossed him mind when he decided not to go to the hospital. "Calling in sick" while the rest of the guys, including his brother, risked their necks and given that Brad died already, just wasn't something he was willing to live with. At the same time, I was upset that he did that b/c it was stupid. If he dies, who the heck else is gonna' come up with these ingenius plans? Linc or Sucre? NOT! Sara? Psh! Mahone? Maybe but you have to remember that while Alex is very saavy, Michael is the brilliant mind that outsmarted him!]

In tonight’s episode, the boys have to find a way into a highly secure room. Designed so no human can break in, if one is too heavy, or is radiating body heat, or making sounds over ten decibals, an alarm sounds. So thanks to Hollywood, Michael decided to reinact the scene from Mission Impossible, where Tom Cruise hangs down on wires. Not really, he comes up with a more elaborate*, less cliche plan. [Dave, I'm a huge fan of the MI series & that's is exactly what I
thought of last week when I saw the preview! I even chuckled to myself a bit when Sucre nearly dropped the canister of liquid nitrogen b/c it reminded me of when the sweat dripped from Ethan's face & he had to catch it before it hit the floor! Brilliant!]

Meanwhile, planning to swipe the General’s final card, Gretchen dresses up like a schoolgirl and sends pictures of herself to the General, telling him to meet her. Because, you know, he really needs a younger looking girl. I mean, come on, he is 1000 years old! I don’t care if he says he is 63. When the General met up with schoolgirl version of Gretchen, she began to act seductive and removed his jacket. Then she scanned it for the card to which he caught her red handed. After begging for her life, and mentioning that the General was her baby daddy, the General let her go, but warned her never to come near him again. [Dude, that was a sick sight! I mean, even as a girl, I have to admit that Gretchen is pretty damn sexy, but to send pics of 1000 year old (love that by the way), I mean 63 year old "Jonathan" is just plain WRONG! She had a good plan but she took too dang long sniffing at that jacket. I was blown away to know that Emily is his daughter, but given their history/relationship, it's not so surprising after all. General Jonathon Padman is a sly old fox! By the way, you have gotta love T-Bag with that cell phone taking pics of Gretchen LOL!]
Back at the warehouse, Michael reels everyone in on the big plan. They have to break through two walls, one of concrete, and another, of glass. Now they have to do both of these without making much of a sound. To distract the heat sensors, they got liquid nitrogen. The plan was set to motion, so the team went to work.

At Gate, still suspicious that his secretary is a fed, T-Bag asked her to remove her jacket, to see if there is a gun. She never budged, but T-Bag was called into his boss’s office, and offered a week get-a-way cruise as a reward. T-Bag turned it down, saying he had more important things to do, but you could see on his face that he was actually starting to like his new life as Cole Pfeiffer. Knowing that his secretary was listening in, T-Bag called Gretchen and set up a fake meeting, for her to report to Self. Later in the episode, his secretary and self get caught by the Asian man looking for Scylla. [It ain't looking good for Trishanne! I'm thinking she's dead next episode or soon after. Self had to ask her way too many times about being prepared & telling her to shoot at any sign of danger & not to miss... IDK!]

Later, the boys arrived at Gate, ready to get to work. This is where the intensity builds, and keeps me watching the show. Using teamwork, the guys broke through the concrete wall. Most of the time I didn’t know how they would get through it without setting off alarms. I love it when they keep you hanging. Anyways, once they got through the first wall, they really had to be careful. With carefully constructed wires, the boys started to make a bridge, using the liquid nitrogen to distract the sensors. It was truly brilliant. Sucre had a little accident, but quickly recovered, and soon it was Mike’s turn. [I agree that the suspense was building rapidly! I love this show! I mentioned last week that I wouldn't watch any more sneak peeks; well, I didn't & I enjoyed this week much better than last! I had no idea of anything that would happen except for what was shown on the original promo spot! When Sucre dropped the canister, I almost fell off my sofa! Michael wanted to go out & save him (he was hanging by his legs from the wires that held up the bridge they built) but Linc stopped him... which reminds me - Sara gave Michael a shot of something & told him that it was given to epileptics to help prevent a seizure, but only for a limited time... about 3 hours BUT any physical or mental stress could trigger one anyway, in which case it wouldn't be good for him... good thing Lincoln went out there!]

Why Michael had to do it, I’m not sure. Clearly the man is unstable, but he is, and always will be the hero, so lets give him some screen time. Once they made it through the first wall, and made a neat bridge, Michael had to get through the glass wall. Remember Catwoman in Batman? How she cut a circle in the glass and just pulled it out? It was a lot like that. Michael cut the circle, shot it with liquid nitrogen, and pushed the glass in, and he was in. And just like a scene from Indiana Jones, Michael was about to grab Scylla when the alarm was set off, alarming the General. I KNEW he should have brought that bag of sand! [I swear I love Dave's recaps - wondering why Michael had to go! And I loved this scene even more! I was really nervous about him going across the bridge then when he got another attack, there was another OMG moment! I just knew it was gonna pass out & drop something! He made it across - YAY! When he started cutting the glass I was actually reminded of "Undercover Brother" when he had to cut the glass to get into this top secret office & steal data from a computer LOL! Anyway, with alarms sounding off on Jonathon's computer (I love that I can call him by his first name), he gathered a team & headed down to where Scylla is kept... and where Michael is! I have to wonder... did they know about the silent alarm? I mean, they knew Gretchen didn't get the card from General J, which means, while trying to get Scylla, they would need to get that last card as well. Now I have to ask this: what did Gretchen give Self to give to Michael? Was it info about the alarm, about the security team, how to get out, etc? What better way to get it than to have the card brought to them so they wouldn't have to find it? Scylla & the card could be obtained at the same time, not without some resistance, of course! Can't wait for next week! Until then... see ya!]


Thanks to AwsumDave at the Extraordinary Project for the weekly recap!

No comments: