Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SoHo's work

Ok so i want to show you a few things I've done at work... some are so traumatizing but i do suck it up because it's my job and being a vegetarian and working with dead animals makes me stronger... at least I'd like to think so ha ha ha ha so here's a bit of what I do... ENJOY!!!

For Thanksgiving, I cooked a whole bunch of turkey... here they are all covered in a cheese cloth smothered in herb butter... One of my co workers made a joke and said "you're cooking turkey all day today and then you're gonna go home and eat tofu" I have to admit that was HILARIOUS!!! I was cracking up!! LOL you gotta have a little fun at work right? LOL

Also for Thanksgiving I worked with pig heads! I am vegetarian so I hated it. anyway the pig heads eventually became head cheese which is like the meat cooked and mixed with herbs and seasonings then compressed to form a solid block so that you can cut slices of it. I had to use a small paring knife to cut the eyeballs out and cut the ears off the head. I almost threw up. Seriously it gave me a sick feeling for a few days. LOL




Ok, I am going to soften it up a little and show you a pastry that I make called apple tartan! these are soooooo good! basically what it is is sliced apples in caramel sitting on a circle of hand made sweet pastry dough. you start by caramalizing butter and sugar in a pan then adding the apples until soft on the outside and firm on the inside. Place the apples in a mold and place the sweet dough on top. bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes remove from oven and set on cooling rack or table to cool a little. when lukewarm, flip the molds over and lift the mold off of your apples which should be holding together now. so easy yet so tasty!
I had more pictures but they were in my other phone which is now dead so I only have these that I saved b4 my phone died. Hope you enjoyed reading a bit about my work! Thanx for coming!


Info credit: SoHo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!! Love the Apple Tartans!! I love apple :)

OMG!! You're definitely strong to work with the pig heads!! I don't think i would have survived! Plus i can't exactly touch pigs u know..hehehehe

Thanks for sharing!

SoHo said...

OMG it smelled so strong of pork. LOL! I think i smelled it for week ha ha ha ha it just stayed in my nose LOL

Anonymous said...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww@the pigs heads!

Those tarts look delish tho'! I guess you have to take good with the bad!

SavMed

Anonymous said...

It's disgusting!
You give me want to vomit with this pig head picture!
I’m a vegetarian too; since I’m 7!
I attended a cut throat sheep and that traumatized me, since I do not eat meat!

SoHo said...

WOW Hanan!!! You've been a vegetarian since you were 7 years old? WOW!!! I've been a vegetarian for 8 years now.I stopped eating meat "cold turkey" and have never craved it since i decided to leave meat.

Anonymous said...

Yeah since I'm 7 years old and I'm 25 now!(do the math LOL)
It wasn't easy for my mom to cook for me, because we are a big family and they all like meat!
What happened to you to stop eating meat for 8 years now?

SoHo said...

Hanan

what happened to me that made me stop eating meat?... Discovery channel LOL! I was eating chicken while watching a special on animal cruelty by slaughter houses and saw how there was a tub full of chicken blood in a slaughter house with a string hanging over the tub which by the way had the chickens beheaded hanging by their feet over this pool of blood dripping down to the tub. I immediately pushed my chicken aside and never ate any kind of meat again. I've cooked for myself since i became vegetarian. what happened in your case?