Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quote of the week..

Ok this next quote almost made me cry. The executive chef at the restaurant I work at talks to me about his childhood. I believe this man is the GREATEST, SMARTEST, MOST PATIENT, KIND AND CARING chef on this planet. I mean this man makes Emeril Lagasse's food look like shake and bake or microwave tv dinners. HE"S AMAZING!!!! Words cant describe how amazing this man is in the kitchen. Every chef in the restaurant down to the dishwashers hold tremendous respect for him because he's just that darn good. Anyway he told me that as a child when he told his mother he wanted to be a chef (Note: being a chef means you work long long long hours and the pay doesnt really match your hours.... its an underpaid career) Anyway he told his mother he wanted to be a chef and his mother responded with saying...

"Well...You'll never be rich, but you'll never go hungry"

This made me want to cry and I just had to let him know how beautiful that sounded LOL!!! Anyway Chef Olivier that one is for YOU!!! YOU KICK SOME SERIOUS A$$!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL!! This is a beautiful quote :)