Sunday, August 31, 2008

Early posts & Hurricane Gustav

This model is accurate as of 11:30pm CST Sunday 8/31/08.

In light of the hurricane that is coming my way, I will be out of pocket, I'm sure, for several days - that's why there are a crap load of posts going on right now =) Hurricane Gustav, as of now, is a category 3 hurricane (thanks for your prayers b/c it has diminished in intensity - keep praying) with sustained winds reaching 115 mph (gusts up to 140 mph). It is about 200 miles away from Baton Rouge, LA, moving at about 16 mph; this puts it reaching just SE of our area around 7pm CST Monday afternoon (there's another tropical storm, Hanna, right on Gustav's heels). For those of you who have never lived through a storm like this, just know that IT'S MAJOR!!! A year & one day ago today, Hurricane Katrina made landfall in New Orleans, wreaking havoc on millions of people, including my grandparents & other relatives. They are all safe & were able to return their homes, but many were not so fortunate. Another hurricane of this magnitude, Hurricane Andrew, hit our area back in 1992 (I believe). I was kinda' young, but I do remember it being devestating, ripping the porch off my parents home (we were blessed in that the damage was not severe). Now that I'm in my own home, I'm taking precautions to stay safe. Please keep me, my family & everyone who has & will be affected by this storm, in your prayers! Enjoy the early posts - all things Wentworth & Prison Break this week!!!

OH YEAH, WANNA' KNOW ONE REALLY CRAPPY THING ABOUT THIS WHOLE SITUATION???? THE DAMN HURRICANE PREMIERES THE SAME DAY AS PRISON BREAK!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT??? THIS WHOLE TIME, I'VE BEEN WAITING & NOW, I MAY HAVE TO WAIT LONGER UNTIL WHENEVER WE GET POWER NEXT WEEK & PRAY FOX PUTS THE EPIS UP ASAP SO I CAN ONLINE!!!!! SoLo weather sucks, I swear!!!!!

SoLo =)

No comments: