Sunday, August 31, 2008

Adventures of SoHo & SoLo 8/31 - part 2

Well, here we are... part 2 of this hurricane situation for me! We left off with me returning home from my 6 hour excursion for grocery & ice! When I got back home, I unloaded all that stuff I had bought & decided I'd better get some dinner on. I get started then remembered I got all those sandbags outside that I hadn't put where they need to be. So while dinner is going, I go outside to put the sandbags at my front door, back door & along the fence. I start putting those damn bags down & let me tell - THEY AIN'T LIGHT!!!!!!!!!! I had a little help but it wasn't enough. I actually broke a sweat & I do NOT sweat!!!!!!!!! I was so mad & you wanna' know why???? It's because I need more sandbags!!!!!!!!!! I GO BACK to the "barn" to get more bags!

The guys at the barn load my truck (well, not really my truck - I borrowed a friend's truck) and I head back home. I get some help unloading the truck & putting most of the sandbags down at my doors & fence. I'm so frustrated with the damn sand in my shoes & on my skin, PLUS I'm starting to hear thunder & see dark clouds, that I RUSH inside to shower!!!!! I take a nice, long shower & get out to rain. It didn't last very long & wasn't hard at all, but it was enough for their to be a pool of water in my yard. I go outside to see if the sandbags are doing their job - NOT!!! I had them positioned wrong so after my wonderful shower, I gotta' go back out in this yucky weather to move the stupid bags around. While moving them, sand is seeping out of the bags - wet sand!!! They are so heavy and because I'm tired of lifting them up, I'm pretty much tossing them which is a horrible idea because dirty water is splashing on my Victoria Secret smelling legs & feet!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Interruption - I'm watching "I Love Money" on VH1 & they show a Prison Break promo spot................ why the hell must it be rubbed in my face... we all know I probably won't get a chance to see it when it airs because I'll either have no power or my DishNetwork will be OUT due to bad weather!!! THIS SUCKS TO HELL, I SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back to my previously scheduled program LOL!!] I storm (no pun intended) back in the house, wash my legs & feet, dish up a nice plate of food & plop in my comfy office chair!

THAT'S IT FOR THIS SEGMENT!!! BE BACK WITH MORE SHORTLY!!!

No comments: