Monday, February 9, 2009

What does it take to get some help!!!!!

My sister came to my house with her husband holding a seagull wrapped in their daughter's blanket. Why? well they were leaving Target and saw a seagull almost get hit by a car. They noticed it was limping and couldn't fly. Seeing the poor helpless bird, they got out of the car and threw their daughter's blanket on it and grabbed it. Now, whenever there is an animal in trouble, they know to bring it to my twin and me because we are the only ones in our family that will go to great lengths to help an animal. So naturally this bird was brought to us. My twin and I immediately took it to an animal hospital that is opened 24 hours a day to get some directions to a wildlife rescue center.

Well, we hit up 3 vets and none could help. the last one did give us the number to the closest wildlife center which is like an hour drive from my house. Anyway they told me that I had to call the wildlife center, leave a message and wait for them to call me back because they wont help me if i just show up. I need to have them call me back. So for tonight the bird is staying with me in a box in my laundry room away from light, noise, warmth, and humans as directed by the 3rd vet we visited. Hopefully i get a call tomorrow and will be able to help it. Check out how cute it is!!




3 comments:

agreencitygirl said...

Oh, the poor thing! How is Mr/Ms Pelican??

Anonymous said...

Aww how cute. Is the seagull better? Did you manage to get it to the Wildlife centre ?

Really nice of you n your twin to help it :)

Anonymous said...

Thanx for taking care and not just let the bird die!!