Monday, February 23, 2009

Blues night out post



Lately I've been kind of blue...personal reason (yes Laila, you guessed it) Anyway at times like this I never hesitate to hit up my favorite Mexican food restaurant ACAPULCO! It's a chain restaurant but it cures my blues. Why? Well for one, they have the absolute BEST veggie fajitas I've ever tasted. For two, They have the best margaritas on the planet. As you can see from the picture above, they offer a huge selection of liquors and mixed drinks. Lastly, the service here is AWESOME!!!! I always go to the Westwood location near UCLA. My favorite waiter Miguel is a funny Puerto Rican guy that always wears a huge smile. His jolly full figure is so comforting to me... why? I am not sure... it just is. Though lately he's been loosing weight but that hasnt taken away from his excellent service. I am there every year for my birthday and every year it's Miguel who serves me and sings happy birthday to me and my sis... This year though, I enjoyed my bday at home with my sister and my niece. I did go back to Acapulco though...At times when Miguel is not there, I am greeted by my other favorite waiter, Roberto; A cheery tall Mexican guy that will listen to my rants about my blues. Oh, he always has a good recommendation for margaritas. Believe me this guy knows his drinks and I am not only saying that because he's Mexican LOL!!


Anyway, I like making my own drinks at home, but, when I am simply not in the mood, my sis and I hit up ACAPULCO and it's a freakin blast every time!!
My favorite Margarita is the the "Patron Perfect Margarita" OMG this is the absolute BEST!!SOOO delicious and looks like this... I already had drank half of it LOL!!


It has such a refreshing citrus flavor and a hint of sweetness from the syrup. The salt crystals lining the rim of the glass makes for an amazing combination of flavors!! Do give this one a try if you get a chance.

Next is the "Blue Margarita" can you guess why it's called the "blue margarita" ha ha ha ha not too original but still tastey.


This one here is a cadilac margarita made with casadores... very good.



For my fourth round of drinks, I ordered my birthday favorite... an orange and peach margarita... so tropical tasting... LOL does that even make sense? LOL



This drink usually accompanies my veggie fajitas which is soooooooooooooooooooo delicious!!!! basically what it consists of is a roasted pepper stuffed with cheese on a bed of sauteed veggies tossed with mint and parsley. YUMMY!!!


The fajitas are served on a cast iron platter brought to your table while it's still sizzling from the flame. MMMMMM MMMM MMMM!!! All the fajita dishes are served this way and placed on a holder with a candle at the bottom to keep your food warm as you eat. So should you order the veggie fajitas it would look like this...


If you order the chicken fajitas or the steak fajitas.. it will look pretty much the same except you get the chicken or steak in place of the pepper.

I am telling you, this food cures the blues right out of me. LOL!!!
YAY I am off tomorrow!!! I think I am going to have me some of this. I just made myself hungry LOL!!Oh, and if you plan on visiting the Westwood location but you feel like you dont want to change out of your pj's, that's ok it's absolutely normal to show up in your pj's at night for some tasty food and heaven sent drinks. I went in my fussy blue pj's with red hearts and peace signs all over them and nobody seemed to care ha ha ha ha You know out here it's all about the looks... for me , it's all about the food!! I was just way to comfortable. Thanx for reading! I'll be back shortly with more!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Don't be so blue and down :(
WOW!! That Fajita looks really yummy! We don't have nice mexian restaurants here! I would love to try!!
Anyway i am depressed too right now! Work and personal stuff to deal with :(

Speak to you both soon :)

Laila said...

Well I'm hoping you start feeling better soon, my love! You know I know what you're going through. Just wish your situation was easier said than done to solve =( I have a feeling that it'll work itself out b/c you know what to do!

Smooches & lots of love!

Zie - I hope you get out of your funk, too! I hate feeling like that =(

agreencitygirl said...

SOHO!! I was wondering where you were hiding out. Well, whatever it is that has invaded your normal cheery self (well I think you are cheery) I hope it leaves you soon.

AND now you have made me salivate over the idea of going to my favorite place for Margaritas here in MIA. BUT honestly 4 rounds of drinks...I would be hospitalized!!

SoHo said...

agreencitygirl!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I am Mexican. No worries I can totally handle the drinks ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! Thanx you guys!!! you all really rock hard LOL!