Sunday, February 15, 2009

Blog issues

Ok so I hear that some of you guys have been having some issues viewing the blog lately (Internet Explorer cannot open this site and any operations attempted after that will be aborted - this is the error as reported by one of our lovely readers). My apologies for that; I'm not exactly sure what's going on but just in case, I've reported the problem but have received no reply as of late.

According to another of our lovelies, here is what she did: I was also having issues with the site... I changed some filters around on my computer and all the sudden I can now view again.

I tried to make my computer give me the error LOL but it didn't work! I'm usually using my Mac, which we all know is the best computer on the planet =D Besides that, I use Firefox (which is the best browser on the planet) so I don't normally have problems. I'm sort of guessing (after reading Lil Miz Actrez's info) this is an Internet Explorer problem. First thing, Blogger is best viewed with Firefox, so go check it out! www.firefox. com - this'll get you directly to the download. About a month or so ago, I was updating the template for this blog & for 24 & for the life of me, they would not act right in Firefox... why? Because IE sucks & was messing up my template! Plus, Vista was adding to the craziness! Wait... what was I talking about before going off on Microsoft & Internet Explorer? Oh yeah, the fix for this problem =)

Ok so I don't know if this will work or not, but until we get a reply, here is something you can try:

1. Open your IE, go to tools & choose Internet options from the drop down menu.
2. Go to the general tab, then click on the "delete files" button. I'm not sure which version you guys use but I believe with the one I used (IE7), you can choose what you want to delete or you can delete everything. With IE6 if you choose delete files, it doesn't give you an option of what you want to delete (I think); when you click the delete files button, it clears the cookies, the history and all temp files. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Lil Miz Actrez, if you can chime in, please let everyone know what you did & perhaps it might be the actual cure! Anyone else do anything different that has helped you, let us all know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!! I can view again! I will be in a better mood now :)
Have been in a terrible mood eversince i could not get on your blog! The office people all had to stay away from me!! heheehe...

Now i can start being nice again!

Thank you for fixing this! My life is back to normal :)

Laila said...

I'm so happy!!! How dare the office people expect you to be in a good mood until now ;-) Anyone else NOT having issues anymore? Sound off & let us know if you did something to fix it or if it's just my finesse ha!

SoLo

Beth Ann said...

You're back in business!!! I didn't try to adjust settings or filters, I just waited patiently and now I can view your blog again. Thanks for whatever magic you worked, it made my day!! SoLo, Happy Belated Birthday by the way-see all the stuff I missed :)

Laila said...

YAY Beth Ann! You're back, too! So happy to "see" all your smiling faces again ha!

Thanks for the birthday wish! Belated or not - it's appreciated!

agreencitygirl said...

Yes, thank you Laila!! I was rather bothered about not being able to log on too..Zie I understand!!

Thanks again!!!

Laila said...

Not a problem! Glad you guys are back!