Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Black History Month

Ok so you guys know that February is Black History month. I don't have a banner that I can use to make the blog all spiffy for the occasion, but I'm working on that. I'm also working on making my own background - we'll see how that turns out ha! Being that it's already the 18th, I don't want to keep prolonging doing things in honor of the triumphs of strong African Americans who have shaped our country & our world.

I'd like to post something daily or at least a few times a week (heck maybe even a few times a day) on the accomplishments of African Americans. If you have any ideas or anything you'd like to share, you know what to do: post a comment here or sound off in the Cbox!

Since Wentworth is part African American & since our blog is dedicated mostly to him, I thought I'd begin with him ~ look for the upcoming post!

2 comments:

Simplicity said...

Great idea! My friend and I have been planning a trip to the US to visit a few museums this month. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about their accomplishments amidst massive hurdles!

Laila said...

Thanks honey! I hope you guys like the posts. I just put two up: Wentworth & Carter Woodson. It is amazing the hurdles people went through & still go through but it is God's grace that keeps us all! I can only hope & pray that I can accomplish a little of what some of these people have!

Smooches ~ SoLo