Saturday, February 14, 2009

MY VALENTINE!!

Ok so it is officially Valentines day here in the states (it's almost over though) and as Zie (loyal friend and reader of the blog) said, everywhere you turn you see hearts and pink and red everywhere!!! LOL!

AGAIN, I have no valentine but that's ok because I had to work anyway. On weekends I bake bread by the ton... ok not by the ton but by the hundred...yes by the hundred. I make a crap load of pastries and make sure I stock up for the week. Today since it's valentines day I made Beignettes!! (Laila and I had a long conversation as to how beignette is really spelled but we found that we have seen it spelled many ways) Today, in honor of valentines day I made heart shaped begnettes. normally i make them squared but today I said, "screw it, hearts it is!" LOL!


For our cheese plate, I breaded some brie cheese imported from France. I first cut it into a heart shape then breaded it in flour, eggs, panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), eggs again and panko again. What you do with it then, is you deep fry it until it's golden brown, remove it from the oil, plate it and dig in... when you cut into it, The cheese oozes out like a molten chocolate cake!!! It's soooo good. I didnt get to take a picture of the finished product because I had to leave but you can try it out for yourself. Also our restaurant offered a salad topped with beets. Yes, you guessed it. heart beets ha ha ha ha ha ha ha get it? heart BEETS? LOL ok ok, that was lame but anyway I cut the beets into quarter inch slices and then with my heart shaped cookie cutter, I cut hearts out of the circles. here are a few pictures of some of the stuff I made especially for this day. OH MY VALENTINE!! yeah i dont have one but I get to make cool stuff at work so wutever! LOL! ENJOY!!










2 comments:

agreencitygirl said...

Looks amazing!! Glad you had fun!!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!!! Looks good!!