Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Yummy corn salsa


check out my corn salsa. I had some corn that I bought that I hadnt used in a week and a green bell pepper and an orange bell pepper... I have a lot of limes that my aunt gave me so I decided to make a salsa with this corn and bell peppers.
I boiled the sweet corn and cut off the kernels. I put them in a large mixing bowl and took my bell peppers and roasted them direct flame on my stove top. once charred, I peeled the skin, chopped them and added them to the mixing bowl with the corn. Next I took about 3 canned chipotle peppers and chopped those as well. I love how smokey these are. The flavor of these are AMAZING! I next I took some red onion... looks purple to me but it's "red" onion LOL and I diced that, then some cilantro... I love cilantro; we use it a lot in Mexican cuisine. I chopped the cilantro and added the chopped chipotle, red onion, and the cilantro to the large mixing bowl with the corn and bell peppers and squeezed some lime juice into the mixture and added salt and pepper to taste... DONE! corn salsa... it was pretty damn good! I still have a lot left LOL

No comments: