Tuesday, August 11, 2009

One thing i hate at work!


Ok so I was working yesterday and after a very busy day for me I was ready to call it a day. I went to change my clothes and shoes and grab my backpack so I can leave and I see the restaurant's manager run up towards me and asks me if it's possible to for me to make a couple of platters with two dessert cookies and some profiterolle. I was so annoyed with this man because he always does this to me. I had already packed my knives and my baking equipment and now he tells me!! I asked what it was for and he said it was for the owner of the restaurant and a few of his friends. I quickly whipped up some batter to make madeleine cookies, some "cat tongue" cookies, profiterolle, and some chocolate pastry cream to stuff the profiterolle with. By the way if ur not familiar with pastry cream it's the same stuff you see inside eclairs. except mine was chocolate flavor. Anyway I made everything from scratch and placed it on a platter and slapped some raspberries and blueberries on top and viola!! it was done. kind of not the best I could do but I was ready to call it a day and it was extremely short notice. anyway my point being, I hate when this is done to me!!! but today I am off so YAY!!!!!!!!! here are a couple of pictures of the platter. not very good pictures but wutever. ENJOY!!




The madeleine cookies line the platter, I dont know why i was given this stupid platter to plate on but whatever. the five big brown balls in the center are the profiterolle, and under the profiterolle, are the the "cat tongue" cookies.


3 comments:

Zie said...

YUMMY!!! Wish i could back as well as you! I m sure it's delicous :)
I know what you mean about being asked to do things last minute. My boss asked me to look for some reports from 2007 yesterday! How on earth am i suppossed to find that?! Though i did managed to get what he wanted hehehe but still!! URGH!!

SoHo said...

ha ha ha ha you know my frustrations LMAO!!! we need to team up against such acts lol!!

SoHo said...

ha ha ha ha you know my frustrations LMAO!!! we need to team up against such acts lol!!