Wednesday, August 26, 2009

food challange


I know it wasnt easy or nearly even possible but I like food challenges so I went for it. What was it? swallow and entire spoon fool of cinnamon without water!!! first of all ground cinnamon is kind of dangerous because It's really dry in your mouth and you cant breathe so you can cough and choke your way to the hospital but I like a good challenge.
You see, My boss's sous chef offered me 30 bucks to eat a spoon full of cinnamon and me being the challenge liking type went for it. I tell ya it's like having the Sahara desert in your mouth!!! imagine having a really fine powder in your mouth that sucks up all your saliva and you cant even swallow because it's so dry that if you breathe in you'll choke. I had cinnamon coming out from my nose and couldnt breathe so I gave up and spat it out. My voice was rough for 6 hours and I felt my throat really raspy.
My boss decided to give it a try after seeing me try it. He seriously almost choked. He had tears running down his cheeks and mucus coming out from his nose. His nose was later stuffed for a few minutes. He was fine later.
So my boss's sous chef couldnt stop laughing at me and my boss and convinced it wasnt possible to do it, he bumped it up to $100 and asked on of my boss's cooks to do it. As the rest of the cooks surround the table along with my boss watching the whole thing and waiting for this guy to choke...


the sous chef hands him a spoon full of cinnamon and and he pops it in his mouth. his reaction to the dry mouth was so bad and everybody started laughing. He begins to move the cinnamon around in his mouth. Sous chef's goal is to laugh so hard so that this cook laughs as well and he has cinnamon coming out from his nose and starts choking thus losing the bet. However I would not let that happen so I stood next to him giving him words of encouragement. "Take his f*cken money dude, take it! your almost there! the rest of the guys joined in. Sous chef still laughing and now seeing that this guy is actually going to make it, starts calming down and his laughter turns into silence. I tell the cook "Look he's not even laughing anymore cuz he knows he's gonna lose his $100. A few second later he swallows what's left of the cinnamon and takes the money. Everybody laughs and high-five's him. He planned on going out for drinks with that money ha ha ha ha!!! it was pretty amazing and well deserved. You see what we do in the kitchen when we're tired and have a few free minutes?? ha ha ha ha it's insane! LOL!!! next challenge is a spoon full of cayenne pepper. I am the first on the list for that challenge ha ha ha ha!! I can definitely take the heat!!

1 comment:

Zie said...

LOL!! You guys come up with the wildest challenges! Hmm i gotta try and see if i can do this with the cinammon! Pepper no thanks..i am not a big fan of spicy food (and i am Indian! I am suppossed to take spicy food)