Sunday, August 23, 2009

My new dessert menu


Hi everybody!!! Here's the deal. I am supposed to change my dessert menu for the fall season and will be changed by September. I decided I love you all so much that this year, I am going to do a SoHo Meets SoLo blog reader inspired dessert menu!! Yes a menu designed with all of you in mind. I need your help though. I'd like for you to tell me what your favorite dessert is or fall dessert and I will put it on my list for new menu options. What dessert do you think of when you think of fall? what comes into mind? for me being from America, I think spiced pumpkin. to me that's very fall-like if you will. My boyfriend is from Paris so he said apples and pears so that's on my list too even though I have apple tart tatin already and poached pears on my menu. I can keep those or replace. Anyway wherever you're from, let me know what your favorite dessert is or what you would put on a fall dessert menu. Better yet, it doesnt even have to be a fall dessert. just any dessert. Thanx a billion everybody!!!

SoHo

6 comments:

Zie said...

Yummy desserts...i love cheesecake, apple pie, chocolate mousse! I love pumpkin pie too! :)
Can't wait to see what you put on your dessert menu :) :)

Oh sometimes i do enjoy eating the traditional Malay or Indian desserts which are really really sweet (will try and get some photos for you)

Yingee said...

Hohoho... Thank you so much, SOHO! Talking about dessert, it make me so happy... I love any kind of dessert with chocolate. Loves one kind of choco cake with warm and liquid liked chocolate inside... don't know the name of that cake. Loves to eat it in the winter. Also, I love a hot coffee adding a little bit Whisky and some cream at the top, it's good for winter, too. But that coffee can't be a dessert, right? um....

Sweet-n-Stuff said...

My all-time favorite dessert for the fall is Coconut Custard Pie. It's kind of odd, too, because I'm not a "pie person." It's really the only pie I eat. I ask my sister to make one for us every Thanksgiving. I'm not well-traveled so it could be a regional thing. I live in the South. Anyway, I love it.

I'm a slave to the chocalate, so my favorite dessert, period, is a warm chewy brownie (not cake-like) with (or without) toasted walnuts baked inside. My next favorite is moist double chocolate cake. Last, is simply a warm, soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie with semi-sweet chocolate (not milk) morsels or chunks. Either is fine!!!
:-)

SoHo said...

OMG you girls have made me work up an apetite for dessert!!! Zie, I am definitely looking forward to those pictures and really thinking of ur traditional malay dessert. please please please email them to me.
thanx for your ideas.

Yingee,
the chocolate cake with chocolate liquid stuff inside is called a chocolate molten cake. Personally I LOVE that cake too. It's one of my favorites. coffee can be a dessert just like dessert wines. Your coffee idea gives me an idea for a coffee/whiskey cupcake.. or even coffee/whiskey ice cream on top of Sweet n Stuff's chocolate brownie... wow you gals are so inspiring LOL

Sweet n Stuff
OMG I LOVE coconut!! I'll add your coconut pie on my list! that sound delicious!!! I was going to go for a baked alaska but yours sounds better LOL!!!
I swear I am a slave of chocolate myself and boy i cant get enough.
sometimes a simple chocolate cookie or a brownie just do it for me. LOL!! I have to admit something though, I may be a pastry chef but I cant make chocolate chip cookies. I dont know why they never come out right for me ha ha ha ha shhhh!!!! dont tell LOL!!!

thanx girls!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi ladies,
I haven't been around for a while...sorry!
Anyways, Soho for fall I think of a nice crumble, its a typical British pudding, aka dessert, made with a fruit Apple or rhubarb or something seasonal is good. And topped with fresh British-type custard...its really good actually. I don't know if I've explained it very well or if you've heard of it before.
-good luck with the new menu!! sobe

Yingee said...

Hey, gals, I am thinking if one day Wentworth has a chance to taste those desserts from us, that will be great! I guess he will love it, too.... kekeke... SoHo, do it for our man, too.