Thursday, September 11, 2008

Not again...

For the second time in less than two weeks, it seems as though we'll be dealing with a hurricane. This one's name is "Ike" & while it will NOT make landfall in Louisiana, we are already feeling wind & getting some rain. It is about 295 miles from Baton Rouge & is scheduled to make landfall in southeastern Texas sometime tomorrow.

Lots of people are still without electricity! Power lines are still down & some places have no working traffic lights, which is causing major problems. We are currently still under curfew and all the stores close super early. The gas frenzy has begun again as well. There were lines out on the highway for gas at tons of gas stations all over town - it took me nearly an hour to get gas this evening. The problem isn't so much the hurricane as it is that gas is going up to about (or just above) $5/gallon tomorrow morning! Is that not insane?!?!? So while it's $3.89, I filled up =) Well, I guess it is technically because of the hurricane because oil rigs in the gulf have to shut down, which is driving up prices - not to mention the lack of power during & after the storm... [BIG SIGH ~ boy...]

Seeing as how where I live gets "powered down" at the first sign of a little wind & drizzle, sometime this weekend I will, more than likely, be without AIR & LIGHTS (forget the rest - it's too dadgum hot to be dealing with this nonsense). So I'll be out of pocket again! I'll try to be sure SoHo has all she needs to get posts completed, even if I gotta' do 'em all today! Please pray this is all over before the other half of the tree has a chance to hit the other part of my house & that it's over way before Monday so I can watch Prison Break in real time... I hate watching it online LOL!

Anyhoot, I hope that Texas gets nothing like what we got the other week, but from the looks of the size of this storm, it's going to be bad like Gustav. Let's keep everyone in our prayers! Until next time... be breezy!

SoLo =)

No comments: