Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lipstick wearing pigs & pitbulls?


DUDE, THAT'S ^^^^^^^^^^^HILARIOUS!!

I really should be asleep because it's nearly 3am but I've watched the news a lot today (I have no satellite TV right now so I have no chose but to watch regular TV - EWWWW!!!! So the hot topic on the national news is Barak Obama talking about a lipstick wearing pig LOL! I heard him say "You can put lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig!" I also watched the Republican convention last week & I heard/saw Sarah Palin talk about hockey moms, pit bulls & lipstick! I get both comments - probably because I'm a country girl, and I don't see what the hell the fuss is about!

The McCain camp, & people in general, are making it out to be a sexist comment or a cheap shot on the part of Obama simply because Palin is a woman but he did NOT mean it that way. I truly don't see why they are making a big deal out of it because McCain used it several times when referring to Hilary Clinton, so what's the problem NOW???? If it is going to be considered a sexist comment when made by a man, does McCain consider himself exempt from the attack? Other politicians have use the expressions many times (see this article at Time.com), so again, what is the problem?

The expression used is a common one in our society & it is simply that: an expression, an American idiom, if you will! He wasn't taking a shot at her because of what she said or because she's a woman & women shouldn't look at it that way! He was simply saying that McCain/Palin talk about change but they are the same as Bush. Basically he was saying how can there be change if we're dealing with the same genre of government. If they plan to keep doing the same things that the current commander in chief is doing, where's the change? If you have a pig & you put lipstick on it, is it not STILL a pig? Of course it is LOL! He could have said "You can take a pig out of the mud but it's still a pig"! He could have said "You can take caffeine out of a Coke but it's still a Coke" LOL... ok that one as kinda' weak & lame but you get my point... it would mean the same stupid thing!!! I just don't get the big deal... And, playing devil's advocate, if the comment was made as a result of what Sarah Palin said last week, you've gotta' admit, it was kinda' funny - sorry, but it is! And being a woman, I find humor in it because it really is NOT that serious!

Anyway, I find myself digressing, again... I just thought I'd share my thoughts on the issue, giving a little bit of intellect to the blog for a change (I'm a conspiracy theorist - but that's "aWHOLEnother" story LOL)!!! I'm headed to bed now, so until next time... have a Wentastic evening & sweet WENT dreams! MWAH!!!!!!!!!!! Wait... do I REALLY want to share my Wentastic evenings & dreams? I already shared my Wenter Wonderland with ya'll! Hmm... nevermind! Just sleep well & see you later ;)

SoLo =)


Photo credit: Election Defense Alliance & www.enorthshore.com

No comments: