Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm back from the hurricane LOL

Hola!!!! I'm back! Hurricane Gustav was a monster! A tree fell on my house but no one was hurt! Our neighborhood is a complete wreck but everyone is trying to return to normal! It was great the way our neighbors all pitched in to help each other, even if it was just a kind word or a helping hand with the clean up! I feel very blessed after 5 days with no power, sleeping on the mattress in my living room sharing a tiny fan with 4 other people!!! Let me tell you, it wasn't pretty! There were lines to get gas, to buy grocery & to get MRE's! I have way more than 3 parts to this adventure & I'll post those soon, but I needed a break. It was a very hard week & I'm just happy to have power. I can't watch the TV shows I normally watch b/c my satellite is on the ground, smashed, under the tree that's on my house LOL! No, it's not funny but what else can I do, right! Good news is, I finally saw Prison Break epis 1 & 2 from Monday night & they were really good! I will get to see epi 3 this coming Monday so I'm good! Anyway, thanks to everyone who prayed for us(I know you did - I felt them)! Keep praying because there are many people still without power tonight & with another hurricane coming next week, we maybe in for a double dose of tragedy! Peace out & plenty of love from Louisiana!!!!!

SoLo =) - I'll post pics of what I saw during the storm tomorrow!

ETA: God truly loves me! Wanna' know why? Well, I was flicking through the channels before I go to bed & guess what I see on my local Fox channel? You guessed it!!!!!!!!!!!! Prison Break!!!!!!!!!!!! They are currently showing episode 1, but episode 2 will follow at 11pm!!! I'm so excited BUT because it's on the local channel, I have to have an antenna on my TV to watch it - I don't have one in my bedroom so I'll be sitting up for another hour to watch this on a big screen LOL! I watched it on FOX Demand last night but the PC monitor does not compare to a 42" plasma!!!!!!!!!! Removing that tat sure looks more painful in HD LOL!!! Until tomorrow, ciao!!

No comments: