Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Adventures of SoLo and SoHo

Ok, So I went to the Santa Monica Farmers Market and found lots of interesting veggies, including purple bell peppers, dragon fruit and lots more. I took some pictures for all of you to enjoy... nothing special but I do have to admit I am a sucker for farmers markets LOL!!! ENJOY!!!

SoHo =)



green, yellow,red and purple bell peppers


vine ripe tomatoes


HALLOWEEN PUMPKINS!!! also known as
sugar pumpkins.


Butternut squash! MMMM!!!


Some kind of cool looking squash that I forgot
write the name down LOL!! but it looks pretty
cool right? LOL!!!


yellow and red raspberries!! YUMMY!!


yellow and red raspberries, boysenberries and blueberries


Leafy greens


Dragon fruit. I've never had this
before but I bought some and am
dying to try it LOL!!


Sapote. I've never had these before
but according to my mom, there are
plenty in Mexico and they are Very
good. I'll take her word for it LOL!


white and purple radishes. very pretty!!


Such BEAUTIFUL Sunflowers!!! what a gorgeous
golden yellow color!!!


More very pretty flowers. yellow, red, violet,
purple, pink... oh the colors... the colors LOL!!!


Some odd looking squash...I forgot the name LOL!!!


Heirloom tomatoes!!! My absolute favorite type
of tomato!!


More Heirloom tomatoes!! MMM MMM MMM!!!!


Squash in a basket LOL!! nice though LOL!!


Delicious Rhubarb!!! You can use it in
strawberry pies or jams!!! YUMMY!!!


Now this was interesting...These are walnut
shells with a tiny garden inside made by a
six year old boy... Isn't that cute?!!


Here's a closer look.


OLIVES!!! Now I am not a fan of
olives, but my sis likes them so
here they are. LOL!!


More olives... Calamata this time LOL!


Jelly!! A bunch of different kinds!! Bring out
the peanut butter LOL!!!! MMMM!!!!


MMM JELLY!!!! MMMM JAMS!!!!


I have NO idea what these are but they're
called Juju beeg or something like that... Darn
I should have gotten some..


Here they are again...


Quince. I am also not sure what these are but
again, My mother says they're good. LOL!!!


Here they are again... LOL!!


Turnups... these are good lightly sauteed in a
stock based butter sauce.



Last but not least, check out these extra extra long purple green beans!!!! cool huh? LOL!!!


credit: SoHo

No comments: