Monday, October 13, 2008

A day out with SoHo

Today is Wednesday and I am off from work so that's cool!! I am about to share with you what I did on Monday. Here's what went on....

Monday was also my day off of work. I decided to go on a quest to find blueberry extract but if you know anything about me, you'd know that the blueberry extract quest was not going to happen because I will just get caught up going to other places and hanging out LOL!!!! Anyway, as I rode in my "royale" also known as my Prius, I decided to postpone the blueberry extract quest and go to Marina Del Rey first and look at the cool yachts.
My camera came along to show all of you who don't live in L.A. the fun and interesting stuff there is out here. I took a few pics and a couple of vids. ENJOY!!!

By the way, you can click on any of the pictures to get a better look at them. ENJOY!!!


It was a bit cold this morning so my sister decided to make some tomato soup. Yes, she is adding roasted red bell pepper to the soup.


mmmm Smell those veggies!!! she let her soup simmer on super low heat for a bit. The recipe will be posted in a bit. So stay tuned for that! =)




I shot my own nature channel vid!! ha ha ha ha!!! watch the preditor (man in boat) miss his pray!!! ha ha ha ha!!! just kidding LOL!!



This statue is from the Helms family, owners of the Helms bakery in Culver City! Such an AWESOME STATUE!!! AY AY CAPTAIN!!!




OH NO!!! PIRATES!!!! And they're headed this way!!!!
arrrrrrgg!!


But they do have a cool flag ha ha ha ha ha!!!!


But I just caught a dozen fish!! what do you mean no fishing???


This little guy looked sooo comfortable. ahhh what a life!!


In honor of Went visiting China this week, I decided to ALMOST have lunch at this place in Marina Del Rey but then I remembered I had a limited amount of time out because I had to go to Cost Plus and then go home to the simmering tomato soup that was left on the stove. LOL!!!


It was such a beautiful restaurant. The entrance is like a Chinese garden. You can hear the fountain running and the birds chirping. It was such an AMAZING little place!!! So if you live in L.A. or will be visiting, you have to come to this place located on Fiji way in Marina Del Rey.


Another picture of Shanghi Red restaurant!! cool name by the way LOL!!!


On my way to Cost Plus World Market!!! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! LOL!!! This is restaurant strip in downtown Culver City.
Oh I also LOVE Trader Joe's which you will also see in this vid.


This is downtown Culver City (the art district) did you catch Helms Bakery?? soooo cool!!! LOL!!! Oh and "Surfas" is the Chefs paradise!! I LOVE SURFAS!!!


While on my way to Cost Plus world market, I saw this billboard and thought how interesting it is to see clothing designers use the upcoming American presidential election and some humor to promote their clothes line. ha ha ha VERY CREATIVE!!! I LOVED IT!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha



So I finally get to Cost Plus and I couldn't wait to get inside and see what they have to offer especially for this holiday season!!! Here are a few things I liked!!



This was a cool fake tiny palm tree LOL!!! cute ha ha ha ha LOL!!


I almost walked right into this vase with fake but pretty flowers LOL!!


Look at me and my rich self!! ha ha ha ha ha Yeah right!!! I wish!!! ha ha ha ha ha!! It's really cool chocolate money!!!! YUMMY!!!


Now this, I thought was totally AWESOME!!! they had an entire Mozart chocolate section!!!! It was soooooo wild. I had to get me some ha ha ha ha ha!!!


These are filled chocolates and apparently you get a free Mozart CD with a duration of 79 minutes while you enjoy your chocolate!! ha ha ha ha OOOOh this was soooo bad-ass!!!



Mozart sleds!!!


My absolute favorite was the Mozart piano bars!!! I love pianos so I I liked these the best!! ha ha ha ha LOVED IT!!!


I loved this over sized coffee mug LOL!!


Here are the holiday drink mixes. Most of them are cocoa with some other flavor added but then we do have the holiday eggnog the gingerbread cocoa But I tell ya, there is NOTHING better than homemade holiday drinks!!! MMM MMM MMM!!!!



Here is a peppermint flavor cocoa drink mix...
MMMM!!!!!!!!!!!


This holiday pasta is out of this world!!! Look at all the little presents and "Santa Clauses" LOL How cute!!



Here is a closer look at the cool shaped pasta.


Pumpkin ale anyone??? I had honey ale on Sunday and it was REALLY good. I am a little sick, you know, the coughs, stuffed nose, scratchy throat, sneezing... with all this weather change I had to have me some soothing honey ale ha ha ha ha !!! I should try this pumpkin ale though... hmmm.... LOL!!!


This is a holiday drink from Sweden. It was such a cool picture that it is now my desktop background LOL!!! I don't remember what is in this drink but it is very good LOL!!!


As I looked next to the Swedish Glogg, I noticed a Swedish Christmas soda!!!


This is the Nyakers company, they make Swedish gingersnap cookies!!! YUM!!



But wait!!! That's not all!! They also had these gingersnaps cookies!!! They are sooooooo good and apparently (Nyakers) which is the company that has been making these cookies has been using the family top secret recipe for over 50 years!!!


Oooh here's a little interesting note!!


I took a picture of their info just in case you really like their product and would like to give them a call or email them to give some feedback. They usually appriciate that LOL!!!


I forgot what this is but if you can translate, that would be nice. LOL!!


Now we come to the GERMAN CHOCOLATE PART!!! YAY!!! I am a sucker for sweets!!! LOL!! shhhh don't tell ha ha ha ha!!!


Here's an interesting fact about German chocolate cake!!!! I LOVE German chocolate cake!!!! you gotta be crazy not to like it. MMMM...


Bags and bags of traditional German hollow chocolate!!! OH I am in heaven!!!!!


Here is another picture of Christmas chocolate from Germany!! LOOK!!! It's SANTA CLAUSE!!! LOL!!! Why is Mrs Clause always missing??? LOL!!! I think she deserves some credit too, you know? LOL!!! aw come on guys... I am joking... ha ha ha ha ha!!!


Now THIS caught my eye!! Isnt it cute?? It's a wine bottle cover!!! It a tiny traditional Chinese dress thingy LOL!! I guess. ha ha ha ha. I don't know what the actual real ones are called so if you do, please let me know LOL!!! Anyway I took a picture of it because it reminded me that Went is going to CHINA!!! so I had to snap a picture and share it with you. ha ha ha ha


Last but not least, My FAVORITE PICTURE!!!! As I looked at the Chinese wine cover, I guess I must have backed up too far because I felt something touch me. I turned back to find this guy looking at me!!! I LOVED It so I had to take a picture. ha ha ha ha!!! The joys of a camera!!! ha ha ha ha ha!!! Well I hope you enjoyed hanging out with me. Thanx for stopping by!!! Oh and come back to our blog and visit. we'll have more Prison Break and Went news so stick around!!!






No comments: