Monday, October 27, 2008

Obama gets Alaska's vote!


Well, at least their largest newspaper has endorsed Senator Barack Obama! Are you kidding me? They won't even back their govenor! Yesterday The Anchorage Daily News reported that Govenor Sarah Palin is "too risky to be one step away from the Oval Office" and that Obama "brings more promise"! WOW! No matter how you slice it, this will be a historic presidential election! I'm actually glued to CNN (if you didn't know that's where I got this from about 45 minutes ago)! If I find a link to the story online, I'll post it! Found it before I hit the "post" button LOL! Here you go!

One other thing that's interesting is that since it became public about Palin's $150,000 makeover, she's constantly having to defend it. I'm sure every campaign has some sort of budget for this sort of thing, but at the time when many Americans cannot afford their homes, I'm sure they could have kept that tidbit to themselves! I mean, seriously, she's the Govenor of Alaska for God's sake! She's attended speaking engagements before! Didn't she have presentable enough clothing to make her way to rallies around the country? And even if she needed to get some additional or more "VP style" threads, were trips to Saks & Neiman Marcus to the tune of nearly $125,000 really necessary (not to mention about $4,700 on "hair & makeup" - YIKES!!!!)? I highly doubt it! At any rate, everything purchased will supposedly be donated to charitable organizations - talk about a tax write 0ff LOL! Palin says she'll go back to wearing her regular clothes from her favorite consignment shop... hmm... OK! You can read the entire story here!


Info credit: CNN & Politico

No comments: