Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wentworth Miller as Jack Torrance


Couldn't you see this ^^ face sticking through that door?

I don't know of too many people who haven't seen the movie "The Shining" starring Jack Nicholson & Shelley Duvall, but this is a good frickin' movie! Every time it's on TV, I try to catch it. I knew I wouldn't be able to see it all the other day so I recorded it. I'm watching it now & enjoying every minute of it. I just watched the part where Wendy, Jack's wife, just hit him in the head with the baseball bat after he told her he wouldn't hurt her but would bash her brains in ha! She just locked him in the food storage. So if you've seen the movie, you know at this point Jack's gone completely nuts & so has Danny, their kid, & Wendy for that matter! BTW - was Shelley Duvall not the BEST terrified woman in any horror film... EVER? I mean, she's like the best! When that blood came rushing from the elevator, the look of sheer terror completely overtook her! And Danny outsmarted Jack in the maze when he backtracked over his snowy footprints to keep his dad from finding him! I love it! I don't do horror movies but this movie is a frickin' classic... Absolute genius!

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this post! Do you have a movie that is either your favorite or one that you think Wentworth would be excellent in? Well, "The Shining" is that movie for me; it's also, coincidentally, one of Wentworth's favorite movies =D It's almost like he was made to play the role of Jack Torrance. I could see him being that psycho killer whose body's been possessed & is now looking forward to, with great pleasure, - a line from the movie - killing his wife & son! Can't you see him chopping through the door with an ax, sticking his head in through the door, then saying "Here's Johnny"!!! Wentworth, if you're reading, we need to discuss you in this role, papi! YOU CAN DO IT!

3 comments:

Sweet-n-Stuff said...

That movie scared the heck out of me the first time I saw it. As a matter of fact, I could not watch all of it. I agree, Wentworth would do a great job with that role, any role really. He plays bad very well. Remember "Joan of Arcadia?" However, I do find it disturbing how Hollywood always has beautiful, handsome men play evil roles like that.

"Joan of Arcadia" reminds me that Wentworth and Peter Stormare (John Abruzzi on PB) have something else in common, they've both played Satan (or a version of Satan). In the movie "Constantine," the guy that played Satan's son is gorgeous, too!! That's just wrong!!

Laila said...

LOL you're right - I think the idea is to associate evil with beauty b/c it's supposed to be enticing yet it's still wrong lol! IDK Just my take on it but you are very right!

I watch the movie now & it's just plain funny! I seriously researched & found so much out about the movie that you won't know unless you read the book! The funny part is that I watch it so much that I wanted to know more & more. It's actually pretty cool!

Sweet-n-Stuff said...

It still scares me. I think it aired on some channel a couple of weeks ago. It's not the movie that scares me so much, it's the mind behind the movie. To think that a father semi-vacationing with his wife and child would turn on them like that and try to murder them. And this is not just a shot to the head, with an ax!! That is brutal, disturbing.....freaking scary!!! Still, Wentworth would kill doing it. Sorry, no pun intended.