Friday, April 24, 2009

Cool stuff about tonight's epi

Here's a little write up from TV Guide: Hiring a sniper to shoot one of your own sons? That's mommy-dearest behavior for sure, and Christina's "security" guys will go after both Lincoln and Michael tonight. But with a handful of episodes left to go, our guys should live to fight another day. Against each other. Linc, T-Bag and Self are working for Pad Man, while Michael and Sara are not. As for Pad Man, he might be suddenly vulnerable, but that doesn't make him any less vicious. And he'll be on his way to Miami, too. —Paul Droesc

I found this on SpoilerTV & thought it was really cool! This guy, Jim Wagner, a self-defense instructor, visited the set of PB on January 6 & met some of the cast & crew, including Wentworth! The photos below are from his website! His experience is below as well!



Prison Break
Jim Wagner


On January 6 I had the privilege spending the day at the 20th Century Fox Studios in Southern California and watching the filming of an episode of the popular television series titled Prison Break and meeting with several key people in the film industry.


I was invited to the set by Reality-Based Personal Protection enthusiast, and long time martial artist and former bouncer, Butch Pierson who had been reading my column in Black Belt magazine for years. Butch and I had hooked up several months ago to set up an upcoming Southern California Level 1 Reality-Based Personal Protection seminar for 2009. He will also be assisting me in the making of some more RBPP DVDs.

While I was on set I had the opportunity to meet Eric Norris, the son of legendary martial artist and actor Chuck Norris, who was working as a stunt coordinator. I met the director and producer of Prison Break, some of the crew, and two of the actors: Wentworth Miller and Sarah Wayne Callies. During one of the breaks Sarah and I had a lengthy conversation about self-defense and knives. Her husband, Josh Winterhalt, is an avid martial artist who studies the Russian system of Systema. After our talk I gave her my own Jim Wagner Reality-Based Blade. I also had a brief opportunity to talk with Wentworth who I found to be a very nice guy.

One of the reasons that Butch invited me to the Fox Studios was for me to get some technical information about stage sets, lighting, and special effects to incorporate into RBPP scenario training. Plus, in Level 2 I have an entire class devoted to making training more realistic in the Scenario Training course. I was able to get a wealth of information from Butch and those I talked with.

Prison Break has been running since August 29, 2005 with an estimated audience of 10.5 million viewers when it first aired. The show was a huge success for Fox, and continues to get good ratings. The show that I saw filmed, Episode #418 “VS,” should air in about five weeks.

1 comment:

Gimble said...

Um, when he says blade, does he mean...blade? Because I'm seeing this guy bringing a knife on set.