Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Wonderful Adventures of SoHo & SoLo

It's been awhile since we posted an adventure. Actually, I think the last time was when I had inclimate weather... well, guess what brings about this one? Yep, that's it: more inclimate weather. But this time, it's welcomed!


Living in south Louisiana has it's perks: nice sunny days, not too much cold, etc., etc. It also has it's downfalls: stupid hurricanes, nearl unbearably humid days & NO SNOW! I was just telling a friend the other day that I've only seen snow three times in my life, until today! Make that a WHOLE four times LOL! So I was so happy that it actually snowed, I was out at 6am this morning, in 34 degree weather, taking pics to share! The first few pics are from about 6:15am so they are pretty dark but you can see the snow falling and you can see the outline of the white stuff! About 6:45am, when there was more daylight, I got some pretty good pics. My last pic is from about 7:45am.

The snow has stopped falling now at 8:35am, but it's still frickin freezing outside (it actually has dropped to 32 degrees finally). A lot the businesses and schools in our area & surrounding areas are closed because people here simply do not know how to drive in this stuff! Tires made for driving in the snow aren't even sold here and since the roads are really icy & a lot slicker than in simple rain, we're basically shut down! AWESOME!

So, I'm gonna run out to Wal-Mart later to get gumbo cooking supplies! Other than that, if I don't have to leave the house, I WON'T! Enjoy your day as much as I will!


2 comments:

SoHo said...

aww how pretty!!!!! at least you get snow out there... here in L.A. we get nothing... LOL its fall and supposed to be cold but there is nothing but hot sun out here LOL!!! thanx for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Cool!!

And i love Wal-Mart! I miss Wal-Mart!!