Friday, December 5, 2008

Wentworth's thoughts on Scofield





TRANSLATION:

Wentworth Miller “I want Michael to die!”

Prison Break is over! If the information has not yet officially confirmed by Fox, Wentworth Miller, aka Michael Scofield, is positive about it and he wishes it in order to move on.

It is during a break during the shooting of the fourth season’s eleventh episode of Prison Break that we have met Wentworth Miller. “I won’t keep on doing the show for the money” he says, before implying that the time has come for him to turn to feature films.

Q: Fox has just announced the preparation of a two hour episode that will be “Prison Break” finale. Disappointed?
Went: No. Our show was never designed to last 10 years. I’m rather relieved that Prison Break stops after four seasons, because I think it is time to find a conclusion for the two brothers’, Michael and Lincoln, issues.

Q: How do you imagine the end to Michael’s storyline?
Went: I want Michael to die! You only have to see his itinerary throughout the episodes to see that there is no happy ending possible for him. Prison Break is not a fairy tale. Michael has committed the worst of things in order to get himself through certain situations. he is certainly no saint and does not deserve to end with a big smile on his face, a wife and a baby. His destiny is to die. That’s my idea. Now, I don’t have any influence on what the writers will come up with because the financial aspect is completely alien to me.

Q: Do you realize that the end of Prison Break is going to disappoint a lot of French fans?
Went: I realize that because I feel like a rock star when I come to France, with how the fans are omnipresent and passionate about the show. But as they say in French: “C’est la vie !”

Q: What do you know exactly about the end of Prison Break?
Went: Officially, we don’t know anything except that the authors have been advised that they have to write a two hour episode that we will shoot at the end of season four. The writers will use the holiday at the end of the year to come up with a script that we will shoot early next year after we finish the 22 episodes of this season.

Q: Would you take on the part of Michael again if the producers ask you to?
Went: No. I don’t want to hang on to this character just for the money. It’s also for this reason that I would like Michael to be killed in the final episode. So that there can be no turning back.

Q: Doctor Sara had her head cut off in season 3 before her really lively return this fourth year…
Went: Ok, right, anything can happen. (laughs) But Sarah Wayne Callies’ return was requested by the fans. I love to work with her, especially since the relationship between Michael and Sara is still at the centre of the story.

Q: What memories will you keep of these four years as Michael Scofield?
Went: It’s a unique and great moment. It’s rare for an actor to find a character who’s so widely appreciated by the public. Prison Break has been the first big experience in my career, but I hope there will be others.

Q: You have never taken advantage of the success of Prison Break to go into feature films. And today?
Went: I understood right from the beginning of Prison Break that the public needed to identify me with Michael Scofield in order for the show to be a success. If was a voluntary choice on my behalf to say no to the movies and to cultivate a certain amount of mystery around me.

Q: How do you see 2009?
Went: I hope to find an interesting script to shoot a film next year. My goal is not to make a blockbuster with stunts and explosions or special effects: I did that on television. My ideal script would be an intimate and strong story… even if that means nobody seeing my movie (laughs).


In Hollywood: Henry Arnaud


Info credit: Ladiuvernua on IMDB; Photo credit: Soraya on Ex

No comments: