Monday, July 7, 2008

The Adventures of SoHo & SoLo

Every week you'll find a glimpse of what SoHo & SoLo's lives are like! Believe me, there ain't much to tell but what little there is might just be interesting!

In this week's adventure, SoLo takes you on vacation with her while she attempts to swim & drinks way too many frappuccinos!


OK so I went on vacation this weekend. The hotel was amazing & the upscale surroundings were far from what I'm used to in my "neck of the woods"! It was a lot of fun & I was excited because I can't remember the last vacation I had! We arrived at the hotel Thursday around 8pm but left shortly after check-in to go to the store. As soon as I got there, my intent was to buy a swim suit but of course I couldn't find one I really liked AND one that would "accentuate" my curves rather than exploit them LOL! Soooo, I ended up buying a cute little top that supposed to go over the swim suit & a pair of shorts that would be cute to sit poolside in! It was really late so when we got back to the hotel, we just ate our take-out dinner & called it a night.

After coming from a long lost friend's house for a BBQ on Friday, I decided it was time for me to give the pool a try. I sat outside the hot tub with my feet dangling in for about 15 minutes. I could hear the big pool calling my name: "SoLo, don't be scared! Come on over!" I get brave & decide to go over. I sat on the steps inside the pool on the 3 foot side without taking another step. Heck, I figure if I can stand up in it, then I'm safe. Plus the water was just above my waist, so no big deal. I decide to go a little further, to the 4 foot section, but I'm starting to feel a little shaky because the water now reaches my chest! It was nice & comfortable so I talk myself into going a little further - to the damnable 5 foot section. The water was now almost covering my mouth & that was NOT cool! But I figure, I'd made it that far, so it would be LESS cool for me to turn back after walking (yes I walked) all that way!

There were other people in the pool & I'm watching them swim & have fun & here I am, holding on the dadgum (I'll explain that word another day LOL) guard rails so I don't float away! I try to figure out how everyone else was able to do this because I was ready to stop looking like a dork (which is hard to do since that's what I am) and start swimming! I held on to the guard rails & pushed my back up while flapping my legs BUT I couldn't keep my legs up! I finally got my legs to stay up toward the surface, which was a good thing! The next task was being able to move my arms... yeah, that was not working out at all! I finally get my legs to stay up, I couldn't figure out how to move my arms while I moved my legs to actually swim! And what really made me mad was that I could float on my back but not on my tummy (still couldn't make my arms move me regardless, so I guess that was a pointless comment - sigh)! I was so frustrated that I just got out of the water, went back up to my room, took a shower & went to bed :(

Saturday was a new day! We had just come from the movies (Hancock was hilarious), a wonderful Italian restaurant (the Shrimp Damian was meraviglioso), Starbucks (the vanilla bean frappuccino was so dreamy that I had to go back & get a grande size) & Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (if you've never had an avalanche bar, GO GET ONE TODAY)! I was feeling great & I was determined to swim! I grab my gear & head to the pool which was FULL OF FRICKIN' PEOPLE! GRRRRRRRRRR! Since there were so many people, I just sat in the hot tub with the jets on for about 30 minutes. Finally all the little critters playing Marco Polo dissipated so I felt comfortable enough to get in. I followed the same routine from the night before & before long, I found myself up to my mouth in water! This time, I tried to move my arms to push myself through the water (keep in mind that my toes are barely touching the bottom - I had to tippy toe to keep the water outta my mouth)! I was doing pretty well with my arms... I was actually almost floating while moving myself! So, this is a good thing right? Yeah... NO, it wasn't because as soon as I began to move my feet, in an attempt to move my body toward the surface of the water, I would frickin' sink! And had to quickly find my feet & place them back on the bottom of the pool! This went on for at least 30 minutes. Finally I said to myself: "To hell with this"! I have officially TRIED and I am officially NOT a swimmer! I'm the girl with the cute little tankini, who sits poolside wearing Raybans & rhinestone studded flip flops, sipping on a frapp! I am not a giver-upper but damn, there's only so much I can take & TRUST me, I took enough abuse from that stupid pool. I got pool water in my mouth, ears & hair which I'll probably have to deep condition for hours thanks to all that chlorine. My skin still reeks of the stuff! My "swimming" experience sucked!
So there you have it! My vacation was really nice! I enjoyed every single thing I ate, from the Italian cuisine to the avalanche bar & everything in between (BTW, I've decided to move into my local Starbucks LOL)! I wish I would have had more time but all good things must come to an end! Now it's back to business! The pool conquered me this time but I will have my revenge yet! That pool won the battle, but there will be other pools & I will (eventually) win this war!!!!!Mwaahhhhhhhhhhh (that's my evil laugh)! Peace out!
Photo credit: By minifig on Flickr

No comments: