Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Adventures of SoHo & SoLo 7/20

Saturday was a very interesting and a kinda creepy day for SoHo... Tell us SoHo, what happened this Saturday? Well, this past Saturday I was scheduled to cater a celebrity anniversary but little did I know this took place at the Scientology church in Hollywood! You see, when I was notified that I was gonna be catering, it was understood that I'd cater at the Manor Hotel. Guess what?? The Manor Hotel is NOW the Celebrity Scientology church! Well, I didn't know that LOL!! I guess that's why, when I used yahoo maps to locate it, there was no exact result. I tried calling 411 to get directions but the 411 operator said there was no listing for such hotel. I am VERY familiar with Hollywood because I went to culinary school there and I worked there for a couple of years. Also, I live about 10 minutes from Hollywood, so naturally I was familiar with the area. So it was then that I decided to rely on my memory to get myself there on time. Making my way to Franklin Street, I was looking for the "hotel" and as I scanned the buildings to look for the street numbers, I passed a small park where I saw two bums doing it on a bench. Ewww gross!!!!!! The man sat upright on the bench while the female sat on him with her legs spread wide open. IT WAS SOOOOOO SICK!!!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing to me that ppl actually do this right in front of traffic. YUCK!!!!
Anyway, I get to the stupid "hotel" and was greeted by police officers. They checked to make sure my name was on the list and I made my way to the kitchen. I spoke to the person doing the event and they tell me the anniversary was not that Saturday!!! I told them that I was told it was. I WAS PISSED so they offered me a tour of the church, which I gladly accepted because I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of crap I'd see. It started with a series of short videos about scientology. Then they had me hold these two metal rods connected to a machine that measured my negative and positive thoughts. I thought it was pretty lame. They told me about some classes they offer and that they are sooo great. They tried to recruit me and asked me for my cell phone number, address, credit card... CREDIT CARD NUMBER PEOPLE - HOW DO YOU ASK SOMEONE FOR THEIR CREDIT CARD NUMBER!!! I didnt give them anything but my cell phone number and a million reasons why I was NOT gonna join: "I came here to work, not to sign up for classes". They tried to sell me a bunch of books. You know now that I think about it, I should have told them that I thought they were some crazy asses LOL! They showed me a bunch of videos and one ended by saying some crap like "If you walk out of this room and don't ever mention scientology again, that's fine but its stupid! If you don't do scientology, you might as well put a gun to your head and blow your brains out!" I was like WTF??? It was scary!! Somehow these scientology jerks felt that I didn't want to read their books for fear of being called a scientologist and because the media has potrayed them in such negative light. I was like "No its not that, because the media potrays EVERYBODY in negative light. Media says if you're a scientologist, then you're in a cult and you're crazy! If you're Catholic, then you're a sex offender! And if your Muslim, then you're a terrorist! So everybody gets bashed on - not just scientologists. So therefore I do not see you as victims." They didn't have an answer for me. They ended up by ALMOST completely giving up on me and I got to talking with them about birthday cakes and birthdays LOL. I turn every conversation into a food conversation! They backed off but I did let them know I was not interested and they still hoped I would change my mind. LOL they are SERIOUSLY INSANE!!!!

I will be back to cater the event but believe me when I say I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANYMORE SCIENTOLOGY TALK. Those people are freakin CRAZY!!! I was really rude in a nice way but those people were really creepy. They gave me a survey when everything over & at the end of the survey there was a question: What was the best part of the tour? I wrote "when it was over" LOL!!!!! The video's ending was kinda strange it showed two doors of a scientology church opening to this blinding bright white light and the word "HELLO" appears. I thought that was the creepiest SH#T I've ever seen!! So that was my day in short LOL - trust me though, it was really long! I was there for like two or three hours. I was glad to come home and blog about it and share it with all of you. With that being said.. HAVE AN EXCELLENT WEEK!!!!


Photo credit: By minifig on Flickr

No comments: