Sunday, July 13, 2008

Adventures of SoHo & SoLo 7/13




Every week you'll find a glimpse of what SoHo & SoLo's lives are like! Believe me, there ain't much to tell but what little there is might just be interesting!



In this week's adventure, SoLo takes you on her jouney for this amazing Dolce & Gabbana bag (and her frappuccino run)!

This morning was just like any other Sunday morning right - get up, get dressed for church, enjoy the service, come home, change clothes & eat lunch! Halfway during praise & worship - you know that's the part where the choir (although we don't have a traditional choir - we call it a "praise team") sings before the service actually gets started - a figure emerges from the door. I couldn't quite make out the figure because I was instantaneously captivated by what was more important - a luscious caramel colored handbag! OMG! This was the most amazing bag I'd ever seen. And this is coming from a girl who has a very pricey cream colored Chloe Paddington, a brown Gucci monogram horsebit hobo and a few others! I was determined to find out what this bag was & how I could get one!

Service went on & was very good (learned a lot as usual). It was coming to a close so I tried to hurry & put my Tommy Hilfiger pumps back on so the girl with the bag I so desired didn't skip out on me before I could ask about it! I couldn't get my shoes on fast enough so I kicked them back under the bench in front of me & dashed over to her. I hugged her - didn't wanna be rude & just say "oooh girl, where'd you get that purse LOL - and told her that I noticed when she walked in & I had to come & tell her how much I loved her bag! She thanked me & said she got it from her cousin. So I asked what kind it was, she turned it around & there was that magical brass plate that said "D&G Dolce & Gabbana"! Before I could ask if her cousin had more, she said: "when I saw it, I had to have it & I'm so glad I got it when I did because it was the last one he had"! I could have cried right there.

I told her over & over how much I love it & said that I was gonna' have to look for one online when I got home! I asked if it was sturdy (I could see it was but I just wanted to touch it) & she said it is very sturdy because she puts books & tons of other stuff in it. I didn't want to let it go; I was in love! I turned it around & pulled on the handles ever so gently. I caressed the soft, supple leather with care... yeah, I'm pretty sure at this point either she or the bag was feeling very violated! So before someone cried "accessory rape", I walked away telling her yet again how much I loved it. But please know I would not be defeated like last week in that dumb pool! My intent was to go home & find that damn bag!

I get home after getting lunch, change clothes & pull out the laptop. I searched the Dolce & Gabbana site but there was nothing close to this bag. They do have a new collection called "One of a Kind", which is quite nice but none of those 17 bags was what I was looking for! I even checked BagBorrowandSteal.com, eBags.com & a few other sites that I was sure would have it... NADA!!!! My last resort was to search eBay.com, overstock.com and iOffer.com. I opened seperate tabs & searched all three sites at the same time! There was only one page each on Overstock & eBay and of course neither site had the bag. iOffer, on the other hand, was a different story!

There were goo gobs of pages to look through. I had determined that this bag is obviously NOT from the 2008 collection. It is a fall bag so it had to be from 2007 because I would have known if it was older - I was very much into handbags for a few years! Anyway, I keep looking & by the time I get to page 25 or so, I'm getting very frustrated! I felt like I was spinning my wheels because I had looked through about 1,000 listings already! Plus, I needed my daily vanilla bean frappuccino & this search was impeding on me progressing to my car & to Starbucks!

I got to page 33 & my heart nearly stopped, just like when Wentworth said to me "Hi, this is Wentworth"!!! *fainting now*... OK, I'm back now... There it was, the bag that I had spent 4 hours looking for! It is so beautiful! I don't think I've ever felt that way about a purse before! I had to have it! I sent a message to the seller immediately because I really wanted to know the name/style number of the bag so I could see more pictures. The seller confirmed that it is from the 2007 Fall Collection but didn't know the name/number. I didn't care, it was her only one & I would not lose out on getting it! I made my offer to buy & guess what... it will be in my arms in a few days!


Without further adue, I give you, the greatest "IT" bag I've ever seen in my life!




Photo credit: http://www.brunosfashion.com/


No comments: