Monday, July 26, 2010

crepe me!!



Today I woke up and as I walked to down the hallway to my restroom, I see my mom coming towards me with a big smile on her face yelling crepes!!! crepes!! crepes!!! I was like what??? she replied CREPES!! we're making crepes today!! I was like OH!! Ok! I guess we are then. LOL so anyway I made the batter as my mom heated the pan. I like to put a little twist on my crepes so I added some cinnamon and vanilla extract to my batter and adjusted the flour content to the right consistency. Once the pan was hot, i took my expert crepe making hand to the batter and let the fun times roll!! LOL well my mom watched and said I made it look really easy but I've been doing this for a few years now so what do you expect? i let my mom try and I was shocked!! she did it surprisingly well!!!! anyway so i made her banana strawberry crepes with a brown sugar and butter sauce, topped with a touch of maple syrup, a sprinkle of confectioners sugar, a fresh sliced strawberry and a couple leaves of mint for decor. I didnt eat any as I was too upset still to eat but it was fun making crepes with my mom.

5 comments:

Zie said...

All your food blog makes me really hungry :)
Gonna make myself a cup of cereal now ;)

Fuser said...

time with mom is precious.always.
I prefer my crepes with chocolate,
(or merenta made by me).

SoHo said...

Zie, OOH i like cheerios!!!

Fuser,
I couldnt agree more.
I wanted to make chocolate banana crepes but I had no chocolate so I made them with just banana and strawberries, cinnamon, and vanilla.
you make ur own spread? we dont have merenta out here. we have nutella. it's delicious!!!

Fuser said...

I know we have it her. but i like to make merenta so...it's much better.

SoHo said...

how do you make merenta?? i've NEVER made that before. It's so cool that you make it urself!