Saturday, July 17, 2010

ADVENTURES OF SOHO MEETS SOLO


Ok so it's been a while since our last adventures of soho meets solo. well here's one from mexico that I had. I was at my grandparents house and they have a giant tree in their yard with a lot of birds living in it. I sat outside peacefully when my peace was interrupted by screaming and wing flapping from the birds. I looked up and saw a Toucan bird trying to eat the babies of another bird. The birds from that tree all attacked the toucan and it flew away empty handed. I thought that was pretty neat how they all protected the babies of this one mother bird. so I sat and watched, then out of nowhere i see a baby bird fall off the tree. OMG!!! PAPA!!! COME QUICK!! My dad came running and I saw the baby bird on the floor but couldnt see it's head, i thought the toucan bit it off so I asked my dad if i should pick up the baby bird and he said yes. I picked it up but it's head was just sunk into it's shoulders. the baby bird was ok. I felt bad for it and asked my dad to give the baby bird back to it's mommy. My dad said ok but I cant see the nest. After studying the tree for a bit, my dad says oh i see the nest!! I was like ok cool put it back in the nest. He said yeah but how do I get up there? Use a ladder I said. Oh right! my dad grabs a ladder and places it against the tree. he then stays quiet and says I hear another bird on the floor somewhere!! we follow the bird's chirps and find it under some branches. It had fallen too!!! I cradled both birds in my hand until my dad got a cloth bag to put the birds in. he strapped the bag to himself while he climbed the ladder then strapped himself to the tree when he had to climb higher. He reached the nest and placed both birds in it very carefully. Now some birds will not want their babies anymore after they have been touched by humans because they can smell the scent and will just abandon their babies. so after the birds were carefully placed back in their nest, my dad says HEY THERE'S A THIRD BABY BIRD IN HERE!! that was cool so he climbs back down and we watch the mommy bird approach her nest after screaming hysterically because of the toucan's attack on her babies. she calms down and looks at her nest and hops in. we wait a bit and realize that she didnt mind my scent on her babies because she still sat back in her nest to care for her little ones!! they were soooooo cute!!

2 comments:

Fuser said...

and then the adventures of Soho Meets Solo ends,cause Mayra woke from her siesta!!! lol

SoHo said...

ha ha ha ha ha I love siestas!!! ha ha; ha ha ha