Thursday, July 2, 2009

Michael Jackson: Final Glimpse at Greatness

You guys know I've been following the Michael Jackson coverage a lot the past week. I've rewatched interviews wherein Michael talked about how his father would belittle him, calling him ugly & "big nose", etc. I've done research on vitiligo (simply b/c I wanted to find out if this disease could actually cause a person to change skin tone/color) & the drug Diprivan & I've been trying to understand what happened, how this could have happened & even why. Here's my little insight!



So far, we know that Diprivan is an anesthesia that causes a medically induced coma. It does NOT put a person to sleep. It affects the central nervous system, basically shutting the brain down, slowing breathing, etc. MJ asked nurse Cherilyn Lee for this drug saying that he had been previously received it from his doctor who told him it was completely safe, with no side effects.

Father Joe Jackson said to have been very abusive of Michael when he was growing up. He would call him names & beat him. Michael would often sit & cry as a kid b/c he wanted to go to the park & play like the other kids. I believe Michael was told over & over as a kid that he was ugly that, as an adult, he was so unhappy with his appearance that he began to have these plastic surgeries to try & hide from the person whom his father despised. I don't think he was trying not to show that person to the world, I truly believe he wanted to hide from that person. The only way to hide from that person was to not see him in the mirror & the only way to not see him in the mirror, was to make him go away. Sad but when asked by CNN report Don Lemon about how his family was coping with Michael's death, Joe Jackson simply said they were fine then went straight into introducing his male companion & promoting his new company. When asked why he did that, he lied saying that the reporter asked about the company therefore he was merely responding... sad - I watched that interview live & Don Lemon did NOT ask him anything about his company.

Vitiligo, in advanced or extreme cases can take over a person's entire body. This form of vitiligo is called universal vitiligo or vitiligo totalis. In this case, the affected person will have very small patches of skin left with natural pigment b/c the white patches have taken over the entire body. There is no cure; there are only two things that can be done: medically bleach the skin to match the skin with no pigmentation or nothing!

My mom & I were discussing earlier what happened to our beloved pop star & she believes her was tired & was probably ready to die b/c of all the pain (physical, mental, emotional) in his life. I have to disagree b/c he loved his children! They were his life & I don't believe he wanted to die at such an early age, leaving them behind! I also don't believe someone who was preparing for this huge final tour was ready to just call it quits!

I posted pics of his rehearsal from June 23. I saw in the pics a person who didn't look ill or worn down. He looked as he's looked for years. Though thin, he's looked the same way all along! For 5'10", he was slim but he's been that way as long as I've known him, so why all of a sudden would he go into cardiac arrest for seemingly know reason? My hypothesis is this: he complained of insomnia & pain all the time. He had doctors at his beckoning call. He was given too much of something (Diprivan or some other drug) & he stopped breathing. The doctor tried to resusitate him but after unsuccessful attempts, cleaned up the damning evidence, called for help & then called 911. By then, it was too late. There's no way it should have taken 25 minutes from the time MJ stopped breathing to the time paramedics arrived, especially when the paramedics got there within only a few minutes.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts on this sad, sad situation. I could be completely wrong, then again... well, we'll see whenever the 2nd autopsy comes back. So take a look at the video & see for yourself... this doesn't look like a sick person to me!

No comments: