Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson... dead at age 50

I'm not sure if you have heard, but Michael Jackson suffered cardiac arrest at his Bel Aire home & was rushed to UCLA Medical Center at 12:30 CA time (roughly 3.5 hours ago). He has died! He was only 50 years old & the WORLD'S biggest entertainer! I've always been a fan of his music & his humanitarian efforts. I know that he has had some controversial things to happen in his life but now is not the best time to remember those things. Hopefully he has made amends for whatever wrong he's done & asked God for forgiveness - either way, I cannot judge his fate. I only hope/pray that he truly is in a better place!

ETA: I just heard on CNN that the Internet slowed down to almost a halt due to traffic (folks looking up info on Michael Jackson's death). They said it had not been this busy since the election of Barack Obama!

To that end, here's a tribute video I found on YouTube ~ enjoy!

2 comments:

Zie said...

i am shocked also. I heard from my mum.

SoHo said...

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I heard the news as soon as it came out here. Some of my family work at that hospital which and had confirmed it. I am soooooooooooooo sad!!! World's greatest entertainer!!! Rest in peace Michael Jackson the one and only KING OF POP!!!