Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fallen Star!!


As you already know, the king of pop Michael Jackson has died today in Los Angeles at the age of 50. My goodness I dont know any bigger Michael Jackson fan than my sister. I love Michael Jackson as well and loved him when he was part of the Jackson 5. (My favorite Jackson 5 song is who's loving you. OMG THE BEST SONG EVER!!!)Anyway, as you know or might not know. I live here in Los Angeles so i did have the opportunity to go over to the UCLA Medical Center to take a look see but traffic was soooooo heavy with people going to the hospital that it was impossible for me to get through.


Helicopters filled the sky above the hospital and news crews from every channel were present. My sister works two stores away from Michael Jackson's star on the Hollywood walk of fame, and she decided to go over and snap a picture of it cuz she knew I would would want to share it with you guys on the blog. By the way, if you're ever in Los Angeles and need a cell phone, you can go to my sister at Verizon in Hollywood on Sunset and vine. She's the one that's always happy. LOL!!! As she walked to the star, she noticed restaurants were playing Michael Jackson's music as a tribute to the king of pop. On our way home his music could be heard blasting from the speakers of cars including ours. For my sister and I, it still has not sunken in that he's gone. We both said we couldnt imagine him dying... He didnt seem like the dying type. I know that sounds stupid but do you know what I mean? like he was the type of person that you would never imagine ever dying. Anyway, every news crew you could imagine, according to Lily, was also present at his star. The atmosphere here is not the same... I'd say Los Angeles is not as lively tonight... I am sure the rest of the world is mourning with us. He was an idol... the man that made everybody try to moon-walk. It is completely sad that he's gone but he had an amazing career. Rest in peace Michael Jackson, THE ONE AND ONLY KING OF POP!!!. Thanx Lily for the picture!!!

No comments: