Friday, June 19, 2009

Had me a feakin BLAST!!

Ok so i told you all that I was gong boogie boarding with my boss this thursday right? well It is now friday and I am so sunburned that I had trouble bathing and sleeping. LOL. It was so worth it though.
there was a change in plans so instead of being at the beach at 5am we were there at eleven am. Anyway I woke up brushed my teeth, jumped in the shower and changed into my beachwear. My phone lit up showing i had received a txt message. "oh that's my boss" I thought. Sure enough, it was him. He again changed plans and said he'd be at my house at eleven instead of ten so that we'd be at the beach at noon. Ok I said, twenty minutes later, I recieve another change of plans saying he was bored so he'd be over my house at ten thirty and asked if I would be ready. My reply? "yeah, get ur ass over here! LOL" my boss and i get along like that so no worries. LOL anyway ten thirty comes and


I receive another txt. "I am here" so I happily grab my water bottles and beach towel and head out. As we ride along, we share stories of crazy adventures we've had in the past. WOW I thought my adventures were insane, mine dont compare to his. LOL!!! so we get to the beach and set up shop on the sand. we hang out for a little bit while we wait for the tide to rise so that we have bigger waves. I must be back to Hollywood by 3pm to get my car from my sister cuz i have to get to my friends graduation in venice and it starts at four. Ok I'll drop you off in Hollywood by then. I get tired of waiting for the tide to rise and decide "screw it, let's get in the water" we put on our wetsuits, grab our boards and head into the water. first wave is so strong it knocked me out and spun me. LOL! "are you ok?" my boss asks, "yes i am fine thanx. Let's do this !" I was given instructions on how to handle my board and when to jump the wave so that I actually ride it. It took me about five tries before i rode my first wave!! It was soooooo much fun!! My boss liked to lay on the board and paddle into the ocean but I refused to go as deep as he did because I am terrified of sea creatures and was afraid of encountering one and also I am a pool swimmer not an ocean swimmer so I could easily get knocked out by the waves and well... we wouldnt want that would we? LOL!!
Anyway my boss was impressed by how persistent I was trying to ride the waves. It was my first time and I didnt want to get out of the water until i rode a few good waves but we both had salty mouths and needed to rinse out.
We get to the shore and remove our wet suits and just hang out at the and soak up some son. Before we know it, It was past 4pm and I had to be at the graduation at that time!! I figure well it starts at four but the first hour is a bunch of boring speaches and some performances. the second hour is when the grads are actually turning their tassels and receiving their diploma. "Shouldnt we get going?" He asked? OMG yeah!... well I'll stay another thirty minutes... we'll make it back to hollywood in thirty minutes we relaxed again and as i start falling asleep, I hear "Mayra I am concerned" I turn to my boss and ask why then he point to me and I am sooo red it already looks painful but I point to him cuz he's just as red as me. LOL!! We figured we better get outta here now so we grab our stuff and head to the car. On our way, we stop at CVS and pick up some sunburn soothing gel and apply it. Starbucks was our next stop. Then we were off back home... except we didnt get there in thirty minutes, traffic was so bad it took us 1 hour and 45 minutes to finally reach Hollywood. Yes, I missed my friends graduation. I called her and apologized and she said it was ok. she was at what we call here in the states "grad night" meaning the school rents out an entire amusment park and only the grads are allowed in so no public access. We both go home and txt how painful and burned it is to shower LOL!! this morning I am in such serious pain I cant even get dressed LOL it hurts so bad but it was completely worth it. LOL!! I dont have picures of us but i will post some sunburn pictures later so hang tight.

2 comments:

zie said...

glad u had fun. thks for sharing

Yingee said...

So good to hear that you had so much fun. You seem to have a very good boss, SoHo.