Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lay It Down Slow

This song by Spiritualized is not just an amazing song, but it set the pace for the final minutes of the Prison Break series finale. I think this song probably made me cry more than the events itself! If you listen to the lyrics while watching, it makes for a much more dramatic effect! I'm sure that was intention, as Matt Olmstead had this to say:

"We're not big on montage songs, but it was a song that, for me, tied into the whole thing about Michael's plight," Olmstead said. "Which is basically: Lay it on me, I'll take the weight so everybody else can flourish."


I found this video on YouTube (haloliu) & thought I'd post it! Oh, the lyrics follow as well!




If you got dreams in your heart,
Why don't you share them with me?
And if dreams don't come true,
I'll make sure that you're nightmares are through.

If you got pain in your heart,
Why don't you share it with me?
And we'll just wait and see
if it's happened what it used to be

And lay it down slow,
Lay it down free.
Lay it down easy,
But lay it on me.

If you've got love in your heart,
Why don't you keep it with mine?
I can't promise a miracle,
But I'll always be trying.

And lay it down slow,
Lay it down free.
Lay it down easy,
But lay it on me

Lay it down easy,
Lay it on me

Lay it down easy,
But lay it on me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I`m glad to see life signs from you. I already thought I would never again read something new in your blog ....

Laila said...

LOL thanks, Anon! I'll take that as a compliment =)

Yeah, I was a little down for a bit but definitely not out! You can't get rid of me that easily ;-} Thanks for hanging during the drought!

Laila

Yingee said...

I love this song, even I still haven't see this epi. But this song already make me cry! Thanks Laila!