Monday, May 17, 2010

Dinner @ L'atelier de Joel Robuchon



Ok so While in vegas I pigged out on all kinds of really good high end food at L'atelier de Joel Robuchon. Being vegetarian I wouldnt have gone but since I didnt pay cuz it was a treat from the owner of the restaurant where I USED TO WORK. anyway here are the pictures with a brief explanation of what the dish is. we started with some wine....

wine from bordoux.. very sweet. and delicous!

The kitchen was AWESOME!!! and the decor was too cool!!

zucchini with an eggplant caviar and some prosciutto type ham with fresh mozzarella and other stuff that I dont remember what it is.

onion tart with asparagus, bacon, spanish cheese and more stuff LOL

scallop in it's shell... was fishy to me actually very little but still fishy.

I forgot what this shrimp looking thing is called but it's like a mini lobster with a side salad.

Some kind of fish that starts with an "M" with a soy sauce dressing and a radicchio salad. there was two but I had eaten the other leaf.

My absolutely favorite dish of all was the foie gras with a kumquat jam and ginger gastrique. this dish just melted in my mouth and I fell in love with it and kept asking my boss to make me some at the restaurant. but he never did I still love it. I am officially in love with froie gras!!! the only "MEAT" I'll eat.

this was a chocolate sphere with some kind of ice cream in the middle that I forgot the flavor. anyway the red sauce was poured on top in a way that the chocolate sphere opens up like a tulip.

this was a lemon flavor dessert inside a sugar shell topped with a gold leaf that you cant see in this picture. I forgot what the highlight of this one was but anyway there was one more dish that I forgot to post that I will post as soon as I get it but thanx for visiting!!

2 comments:

Yingee said...

Hey Mayra, hope you can find a good job very soon! But why not take a rest and go vacation in this period? Life is struggle, sometime makes us very tired. We need to relax for this point. Keke...
And thank you so much for those beautiful food pics. it makes me so hungry!!

SoHo said...

awwww yingee ur soooo sweet!! yeah I was planning on taking a vacation during this time and going to stay with my dad and grandparents in guerrero mexico and chill on the beaches of acapulco. ahhh that's the life then I plan to hit up paris. idk we'll see. thanx for sticking around.