Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hunt for the best Macaroons!!!


So Philippe and I hung out last week I dont remember exactly when it was... wait I think it was tuesday right?...So we played airhockey and of course I got my ass beat by this frenchman. LOL! but that's ok cuz I won 1 game out of four airhockey games that we played that day... normally I dont win at all. So then we played a soccer video game and I of course played for the mexican team and Phil played for the french team naturally, it was a good game and I SCORED!!!! but for the opposing team ha ha ha ha ha ha so team france won because I scored on the wrong side of the field. LOL!! whatever Philippe, it took a mexican to score for the french ha ha ha ha ha JK... but it was fun as hell then Phil went on to play against... I forgot but he got his butt kicked LOL! Anyway Phil had bought some macaroons from a very cute small shop in studio city that morning and was nice enough to share them with me while we made our way to santa monica. He bought a variety of flavors and I'd bite half and he'd have the other half so we both enjoyed the many macaroon flavors they had to offer. I really liked those macaroons but Philippe said that there are much better macaroons out there. Of course Paris being the best place for these sweet treats but since I am not in Paris we headed over to beverly hills to a really nice modern looking macaroon shop with a very friendly cashier lady. I cant believe i've never seen this place before and it's right across where I used to shop for clothes for my niece. I dont remember the name of this macaroon shop though but let me tell you that these are little bundles of mouth watering sugary joy!!! you can just bite into one and the flavor just blooms in your mouth like you wouldnt believe!!! so thank you Philippe for introducing me to this shop. I will certainly be going back for more. Actually, I was at work yesterday and I remembered the macaroons and thought I could go for some right about now but then I remembered I had eaten pastries all morning so I didnt go get any. In case you guys didnt know, I do have an unhealthy obsession with sweets. pastries are my weakness... I get full with a normal meal really fast but I am a bottomless pit when it comes to sweets! darn I wish i could remember the name of the shop in Beverly Hill and Studio City... grrrr well i took a picture of the seal for the Beverly Hills shop so if you know what it is do post a comment below and let me know. Ok so I forgot what flavors Phil got... ummm I think green tea, earl gray,apricot, lavender which was out of this world, um... damn i forgot what else. LOL I bought passion fruit, hazelnut and chocolate, coffee, coconut, pistachio, lol these sound more like ice cream flavors dont they? ha ha ha ha I forgot what else i purchased but we enjoyed them like you wouldnt believe. I took a picture of the ones that were left before we finished them.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Studio City Store is Belwood Bakery
BH store is Paulette
;)

SoHo said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanx soooo much!! is that you Philippe? nobody else would know this but you... LOL!