Tuesday, April 13, 2010

allergy adventure


So Philippe and I went to have dinner a Kabuki (i call it Kabooty) LOL. Anyway I was all set for seafood because I grew out of my seafood allergy so I decided I wanted to eat scallops for the first time in my life. I dont know why I thought scallops would be a good choice for my first time having seafood since i developed my allergy. I've never eaten scallops before so I thought I'd love to try it now. I ordered seared scallops with sauteed vegetables and rice topped with string carrots. the carrots were long like noodles. I couldnt even eat them LOL very strange... anyway I tried one scallop and told Philippe if I cant eat my food would he be nice enough to eat it for me, he agreed. so I at my scallop but couldnt eat more. Why? It was too fishy for me. the texture was like I imagined but it was too fishy. Phil's used to seafood so he said it wasnt fishy but I hadnt had seafood since I was 3 probably. I did enjoy the sauce that the scallops were seared with. It was like a spicy teriyaki sauce that also coated my veggies and was lovely with the rice. so I had rice and sauteed veggies with a spicy terriyaki sauce. It was DELICIOUS! I'll go again probably and give my scallops away and just eat the veggies and rice. Anyway I tried Philippe's sushi and surprisingly, I enjoyed his sushi A LOT more than my scallops. His sushi was not fishy at all and was actually quite yummy. I'll consider ordering that next time I go. Ok, for dessert we had... you guessed it! MACAROONS!!! LOL!!! seriously those macaroons are a mouth full of yum!




No comments: