Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gotta love the little door!!


Ok so last night I had a late lunch with my boss at Mishima on 3rd and La Ciengega. BEST UDON NOODLES EVER!! I already told you guys about this place so now you know what I am talking about. Anyway, My boss had the curry udon noodles with chicken and I had my usual fried tofu udon noodles without fish cake. We had hung out at grifith park that afternoon and hit up Mishima for a late lunch/early dinner. I am glad he liked it. After we split, I met up with my boyfriend who wanted to go out for dinner as he does every single night because he doesnt cook even though he's a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu. Anyway so am I LOL!! but i do cook at home... he hasnt used his stove since he bought it, which is over a year ago because he eats out for breakfast,lunch and dinner every single day!! crazy right? Anyway so my friend Amina wanted to go to Mishima so I said ok let's go there. So my boyfriend orders sushi which he has been eating this almost every night for dinner since he came to America...over a year ago. I order AGAIN LOL and have what my boss had earlier that day but instead of chicken, I had mushrooms. My friend ordered a beef udon noodle bowl. We had dinner and went over to "The little Door" which according to my boyfriend "very authentic/old school classic french cooking" we went over for dessert only though because we had already eaten. Philippe had a lemon tart... In my opinion, not very excited but crazy good anyway, my friend Amina and I had the Baba au rum CRAZY DELICIOUS!!! basically it's usually an individual size round little cake soaked in a rum syrup topped with cream and fresh berries!! OMG never have had a better cake in my life!!!! the cake itself is a lot richer than a brioche and just unbelievably good. That was the food highlight of my night. LOL!! By the way, the picture up there is not my picture. I got if off line because I forgot to take a picture of mine last night. LOL but you get the idea!
anyway definitely hit up "The little Door" on third street in West Hollywood... actually it's los angeles but around the west hollywood area... gotta love the little door!!

No comments: