Saturday, September 12, 2009

Congratulations City of Santa Monica!!!


Sorry for not being around for a few weeks, I was going through a bunch of bumps of life and I was really busy with work too. Anyway,
This past Wednesday, September 9th, was Santa Monica pier's 100th Anniversary so to celebrate, the city of Santa Monica hosted lost of activities on the pier and ended with a beautiful firework show at the end, marking it's anniversary. The night before I bought some kale salad and some soba noodle salad and took it over to my uncle ray's work because as a doctor, he was pulling on of those 72 hour shifts so he hadn't been home for a few days. I was having the blues because of my breakup with my boyfriend and I just needed to talk to my uncle so he can make me feel better. We sat down in the hospital cafeteria and we had our salads and a vegan strawberry cupcake. I told him how sad I was and how I asked him to give me closure and tell me to move on and he did so it was over for sure. My uncle being wacky took my phone and sent him a txt message inviting him to the pier's centennial anniversary. He replied saying he would go but was feeling very bad about some situations he was having. So Wednesday came around and we went together. I invited my college buddy too. as we waited for the sun to set, we hit up a tapas restaurant and had us some Spanish tapas and a bottle of delicious Spanish red wine. It was really good. It was nice and light and fruity with a hint of raspberry at the finish. Anyway we enjoyed our wine and I notice my ex boyfriend is acting strange... later after we leave the restaurant and waited for the firework display he starts acting all "boyfriend like" you know, grabbing my hand, massaging my shoulders... then as the fireworks started and we watched, he holds me and says "lets start over" I was soooo happy so I said ok and now we are officially together again since Wednesday!!!! so far so good. we stay up watching iron chef America (Cat Cora is by far my absolute favorite iron chef) and chef vs city ( I LOVE Aaron Sanchez, he's super funny and kind of cute too!! sssh dont tell Philippe LOL (Philippe's my bf's name. anyway the fireworks were great and a wonderful touch to our new start. For dessert we went back to hollywood and had bread pudding from Kitchen24 which is a really hip restaurant/bar that's open 24 hours a day seven days week!! I love that place so if ur ever out here, make sure you go... its on Caghuenga and selma street. Congratulations to the City of Santa Monica for their pier's centennial anniversary!!

1 comment:

Gimble said...

SoHo,

I've been super busy and haven't visited in awhile. I read about your breakup and it's good to find that your heart is intact again. We don't want too many broken hearts around here. That would be sad.